Leadtek PX6200TD bios modding issues : /

Mjvyxyn

Banned
May 19, 2006
Okay, heres the deal.

Friend bought a Leadtek PX6200TD 128mb video card, it has the NV43 core which unlocks to 8x3 from 4x3 via Rivatuner 2.0 FR . . . . buuuut. When I used the Rivatuner NV4xBIOSSwUnitsMaskElimintor and flash the card with the updated bios, uninstall the video drivers/rivatuner and reinstall the drivers and rivatuner the card still reads as 4x3 : /

I used NiBiTor to check the unmodified bios and the "unlocked" bios side by side using the HEX view option. For the most part the bios are 99.99% similar except for a tiny change in the last line of HEX. Despite there being an actualy difference in the bios it is still saying it has only 4 active pipes, but I can unlock them again using Rivatuner and there is an obvious jump in speed so I know the other 4 pipes work.

Now, going a step further I download an official PX6600TD bios and use that to flash the card, this time arround the card boots as a 6600 and it reads as a 6600 in the drivers and Rivatuner. Once again I face the card reading as 4x3 even after all this so once again I unlock the pipes using Rivatuner and voila, again the other 4 pipes live.

Now I take that PX6600TD bios, use the NV4xBIOSSwUnitsMaskElimintor on it, blah blah blah and BAM !!!! 4x3 -_- I can't begin to describe how aggrevating this is becoming.

ATM the card is soft modded via Rivatuner and reads as a PX6600TD running at 8x3 and 550/660 with the aid of an el cheapo copper HSF.

Anyone got any clues ? I've heard people have done the mod with 100% success and I've spent literally the entire day on google doing everything I can to fix this on my own but this is beyond me and my ability to google : /

Any clues ?