Leadtek GeForce4 4600 Issue

DaMaN841

Oct 10, 2002
I don't know what's going on, but I bought some new items for my bday. Leadtek Geforce4 TI4600 ultra 250, that one, and a new hd (Western Dig 120gb SE, Lite on dvd & cdrw) Anyway, I put the card in, took me a while, it fits snug with that capacitor problem, but it's in. So I get everything straight, the hd and whatnot, and I reload windows xp right off the bat. It loads, everything is fine, and when I go to install nvidia drivers, hell breaks loose. Things aren't displayed, I can barely move the mouse, and most of the time it freezes. I don't know what the hell is going on, and it's pissing me off because whenever I buy anything, it's always crap.

I just finished reloading xp again, and just installing nvidia 40.72 drivers, no improvement. It seems as though everything works as long as the desktop is in 16 bit color. When I move it up to 32, that's when the problems begin.

So, even tho my desktop was in 16bit, I was able to run 3dmark2001 se in 1024x768 in 32 bit, and all I have to say is that I'm screwed yet again. Running this, the card flickers like it's its job, and on the nature test especially it displayed green blobs that were covering the screen. During the max payne like test, on his sunglasses, there usually is a reflection of the gun shot, but in my case, they were white square dots. So something is extremely messed up with this card. I purchased it from Newegg.com, should I talk to them or go directly to Leadtek? My score was 11387 if that can help determine any probs as well. Thanks

DaMaN841

Oct 10, 2002
Well the system is a Epox 8KHA+ with a tbird 1.4 @ 1.58 ghz and 512 (2 256 chips) of Crucial PC2100 @ PC2700 (166 fsb, Turbo, Cas 2) and then the new Western Digital 120 GB 7200RPM SE drive, and obviously the 4600. I'm very happy with the score, especially for my system, cause it's lower ended, however who wants a card that can't be used in 16 bit, and when you play any type of game, you will experience non-stop flickers and random green blobs.