Lead, Follow, or Get out of the way

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Hehe, the Republicans always show their true colors when they complain. They are all over Reid because despair doesn't inspire confidence and look good. The fucking party of look good and pretend gets panicky when facts are talked about. Can't have any admissions nobody knows what to do. Quick, pretend you do. Can't have the curtain going down on OZ.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: quest55720
Originally posted by: gar3555
Congress plans to get out of the way

Now I'm not saying that they should be making all the decisions, but shouldn't they be trying to help out?

Not suprising this democratic congress is filled with a bunch of cowards. They don't want to take on any real issues just vote to take vacations.

Hey stupid ass, they don't know what the issues are and neither do you. The issue they took on, the only real issue, is that when you don't know what to do you don't do something stupid that may make things worse. You, however, from the comfort of your armchair have the liberty to blow smoke out your ass.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Sounds like the perfect talking point for the McCain campaign.

"Faced with the worse financial crisis in two decades the Democrats in congress have decided that they best way to handle the problem is to go home."

It reenforces two things:
1. The Democrat congress is worthless.
2. The government is NOT the solution to all of our problems.

gar3555

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2005
Originally posted by: Moonbeam

Now I'm not saying that they should be making all the decisions, but shouldn't they be trying to help out?

Not suprising this democratic congress is filled with a bunch of cowards. They don't want to take on any real issues just vote to take vacations.

Hey stupid ass, they don't know what the issues are and neither do you. The issue they took on, the only real issue, is that when you don't know what to do you don't do something stupid that may make things worse. You, however, from the comfort of your armchair have the liberty to blow smoke out your ass.

Maybe they could stay in session and get informed on the details, so they could make an informed decision. I don't care about the parties: republican/democrat, this financial problem transcends that, and needs to be dealt with. Walking away should not be an option.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: ProfJohn

"Faced with the worse financial crisis in two decades the Democrats in congress have decided that they best way to handle the problem is to go home."

You are a liar. When you don't have answers you don't rush in. That is what was being said.

1. The Democratic congress is acting responsibly

2. No problem can be solved without knowing the true nature of the problem before you come up with a solution.

Nobody knows the full nature of the problem because nobody can look inside the bundled mortgages and see how many bad ones are contained therein. Therefore nobody knows just how deep the problem goes or when we will see the bottom of it.

gar3555

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2005
Originally posted by: ElFenix
didn't they just go on vacation?

ya, but it's better to give up, then educate themselves on the situation and work to help find a resolution.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Maybe they could stay in session and get informed on the details, so they could make an informed decision. I don't care about the parties: republican/democrat, this financial problem transcends that, and needs to be dealt with. Walking away should not be an option.

You are a nattering child. The problem is insolvable because the facts to solve it can't be known. It doesn't matter if the Congress goes home or stays. Things have to unravel in their own time frame before we will know what to do with any precision. You can't change reality just because you think the problems are huge.

gar3555

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2005

You are a nattering child. The problem is insolvable because the facts to solve it can't be known. It doesn't matter if the Congress goes home or stays. Things have to unravel in their own time frame before we will know what to do with any precision. You can't change reality just because you think the problems are huge.

Ah, I value your opinion so much more when it comes with name calling.

quest55720

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2004

Well this is the second time in the last few months this cowardly democratic party has walked away when a crisis comes up. I don't know why anyone would want this party of cowards in complete control. Both parties suck but this is a new all time low just going on vacation when the going gets tough.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

I know, that's how children react.

gar3555

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2005

I know, that's how children react.

yes, when other children call them names, but IF an adult uses childish names, they can't be taken/won't be taken seriously even by children.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Well this is the second time in the last few months this cowardly democratic party has walked away when a crisis comes up. I don't know why anyone would want this party of cowards in complete control. Both parties suck but this is a new all time low just going on vacation when the going gets tough.

What, my dear imbecile, is the exact and specific problem and what is the solution?

Another of the spouting brain dead.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
yes, when other children call them names, but IF an adult uses childish names, they can't be taken/won't be taken seriously even by children.

Why do I have to be the adult. The children are having all the fun.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What an idiotic thing to say in terms of point two.

In the case of the financial meltdown, GWB is the cause of the problem and now congress is saying its GWB's to fix because they do not want any part of the blame.

Were GWB to go to the congress and say I need your help, it may have been a another matter, but GWB is not doing that, would resist if congress did with more than 40 GOP Senators to veto it, and truth be told, GWB is far worse than merely worthless.

And now GWB is screwed, because all his collective bad public policy finance decisions are coming home to roost a whole four months before he could slink out of office. GWB made his own bed and now he lies to us about it.

Democrat and Republican alike, we the American people are collectively screwed.
And now we reap what you have advocated for eight years and we democrats have warned the country about for eight years.

And McCain's only talking point is to say " the fundamentals of our economy are sound." I don't know about anyone else but that does not sound like straight talk to me.

quest55720

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2004
Originally posted by: Lemon law

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What an idiotic thing to say in terms of point two.

In the case of the financial meltdown, GWB is the cause of the problem and now congress is saying its GWB's to fix because they do not want any part of the blame.

Were GWB to go to the congress and say I need your help, it may have been a another matter, but GWB is not doing that, would resist if congress did with more than 40 GOP Senators to veto it, and truth be told, GWB is far worse than merely worthless.

And now GWB is screwed, because all his collective bad public policy finance decisions are coming home to roost a whole four months before he could slink out of office. GWB made his own bed and now he lies to us about it.

Democrat and Republican alike, we the American people are collectively screwed.
And now we reap what you have advocated for eight years and we democrats have warned the country about for eight years.

Actually both sides are responsible for this mess. This is not just a GWB issue this is an issue that started years ago with freddie and fanny. Both parties got us into this mess now both should work to get us out of it. Instead 1 side just wants to give up and not even try.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Ironically, this is a wise decision of congress to do nothing. Whenever the government intervenes, the likelihood they make the situation worse is high.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Originally posted by: JS80
Ironically, this is a wise decision of congress to do nothing. Whenever the government intervenes, the likelihood they make the situation worse is high.

There's really nothing they could do in this case. Perhaps demand the removal of Cox and Paulson.

MiniDoom

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2004
an absent government is a good government. no one around to fuck anything up... i wish bush would take another vacation.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Originally posted by: LegendKiller
Originally posted by: JS80

There's really nothing they could do in this case. Perhaps demand the removal of Cox and Paulson.
But as someone on Nationalreview is saying: if you remove either of them then all the people below them become more worried about CYA than about taking care of this crisis.

There may be a time for them both to leave, but the middle of the crisis is not that time.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Moonbeam, what is with all the petty insults??

"Hey stupid ass,"

"You are a liar. "

"You are a nattering child."

"What, my dear imbecile"

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Since I'm out of cow bell, can we get more of the random off the wall name calling, I almost started to read a steady stream of cognitive thought on the subject.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Moonbeam, what is with all the petty insults??

"Hey stupid ass,"

"You are a liar. "

"You are a nattering child."

"What, my dear imbecile"

What's with the 'bigots suck' slam?