LCD on new logitech G15 keyboard wont work *update*

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
i did what the instructions said but i cant get any text to display on the LCD...

all of the lights and buttons work, but no text will come up...wtf?? :(

edit:

To be more specific, the LCD displays nothing. literally zero information has ever come up on the screen...

i have tried installing it on my laptop and desktop, using several different USB ports. the lights behind the keys work (and look sweet to boot), all of the keys work functionality wise, but the LCD will not display anything. the light behind the LCD is on and will even change intensity when you press the mode change button (the little light bulb), but still, no information or text is displayed on the LCD.

all 4 of the processes are running in the background, so i know that isnt the problem either.

update: thanks for the advice. i went to exchange it at BB and the new one works great.

appreciate the help!

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
bump

been reading the logitech forums...apparently im not alone. this software sucks.

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: PurdueRy
You have to install the software and have the service running in the background

it is. 4 services actually.

it wont work on my laptop either. this software is a POS.

athens101

Mar 11, 2005
i bought mine on sunday and its working fine. all the lights are working the lcd is working. its hot.

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: athens101
i bought mine on sunday and its working fine. all the lights are working the lcd is working. its hot.

well thanks for the constructive input and helping me solve my problem you twit

Griffinhart

Golden Member
Dec 7, 2004
What isn't being displayed on your keyboard?

The only thing that's not really working at the moment is displaying in game data. The fuction is there and it does work, but only for games that have implimented it. Of course, I don't know of any that has done so.

My LCD displays Time/Date, System CPU/RAM usage, Track info from my media player. You should, at a minimum, be able to get this info to display. If you can't than you got a defective keyboard.

So far, my only disapointment is not having in game info for the games I currently play, but, that was really only a minor consideration when I purchased the board. I got it for the backlit keys and the programmable keys.

mb

Lifer
Jun 27, 2004
Has it worked at all? Does it make a difference whether or not its plugged into a USB 2.0 or 1.1 port, and if so, is it plugged into a proper USB port?

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
To be more specific, the LCD displays nothing. literally zero information has ever come up on the screen...

i have tried installing it on my laptop and desktop, using several different USB ports. the lights behind the keys work (and look sweet to boot), all of the keys work functionality wise, but the LCD will not display anything. the light behind the LCD is on and will even change intensity when you press the mode change button (the little light bulb), but still, no information or text is displayed on the LCD.

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: supafly
Has it worked at all? Does it make a difference whether or not its plugged into a USB 2.0 or 1.1 port, and if so, is it plugged into a proper USB port?

no, no, yes

Mar 10, 2005
If nothing happened on 2 different systems, then send it back. It should have worked on one or the other,
Honestly, I like Logitech hardware (most of my stuff here) but the software is @ss. I only install the driver for the MX 1000, even that was overkill.

Griffinhart

Golden Member
Dec 7, 2004
Originally posted by: Bigsm00th

Ok, you got a bad keyboard then. When the drivers load, it should come up with the Logitech Logo, then it will display the time and date. Actually, the default setting is showing the time date and then cycling between that and the CPU/RAM usage.

Go get a new one. Kinda surprising really, I've never had a problem with logitech products not working out of the box.

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
update: thanks for the advice. i went to exchange it at BB and the new one works great.

appreciate the help!

w00t

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 2004
congrats on wasting ur money on that keyboard so you could look at an lcd screen on the keyboard instead of your monitor. its like getting the das keyboard but worse.

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: w00t
congrats on wasting ur money on that keyboard so you could look at an lcd screen on the keyboard instead of your monitor. its like getting the das keyboard but worse.

you sir are an idiot. it is actually very useful to me to be able to see the CPU and RAM usage. also, having 54 buttons to program is extremely useful as i can now press G18 to navigate the start menu to the defrag button instead of needing to click it. stupid, yes, but handy, also yes. being able to disable the windows key is also very nice while playing games.

overall, i think you are just bitter because you are either too stupid to understand why its a good keyboard, jealous that you cant afford it, or just plain ignorant to understanding basic concepts of life like having an open mind and not making fun of something you dont understand.

have a great day and i hope you get hit by a truck

edit: i almost forgot the best part. since i know C, i can write my own applets to display whatever the hell i want on the LCD. apparently you are too dumb for that also, otherwise you wouldnt be making fun of the functionality of the LCD.

NeoV

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2000
grr...I'm having the same problem....the Logitech logo is on the LCD, nothing else....when I go into the profiler and click on LCD control panel, the two items in there just constantly blink...have to shut the process down to get it to work!

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: NeoV
grr...I'm having the same problem....the Logitech logo is on the LCD, nothing else....when I go into the profiler and click on LCD control panel, the two items in there just constantly blink...have to shut the process down to get it to work!

try uninstalling the software completely...then install the software on another computer before you plug in the keyboard. see if that works, and if it does, then you gotta do it again on the computer you want to actually use it on. the software is pretty annoying but the hardware is nice once you get it to work.

TheUnk

Golden Member
Jun 24, 2005
Originally posted by: NeoV

I'm having this problem too, along with several other owners of this keyboard. Are you running RAID by chance?

One43637

Sep 26, 2005
i'm having problems with mine and i'm not running RAID. i had no previous keyboard software, but just a logitech mouse driver already loaded from a long time ago. i made sure my system tray was clear of any programs that would interfere with the installation process.

at first i followed the instructions and installed the application, shut down, plug it in a USB port and boot up again. the LCD would display the Logitech logo and the text: LCD > LCD SCREEN > LCD SCREEN SAVER would scroll underneath the logitech logo. i would try to right click on the icon in the system tray but nothing would work. under process i would see LCDMedia.exe, LCDClock.exe, LCDMon.exe, and LGDCore.exe, but no performance manager.

i tried uninstalling the application, > shutting down > plugging keyboard in a different USB port > booting up> then re-installing the program, but i still can't get the LCD to display any of the standard clock or performance functions as advertised even though the processes are running in the background.

am i forgetting to do something?

TheUnk

Golden Member
Jun 24, 2005
Nope you are doing everything right.. I know cause I got it working on another PC, just not mine.

Mine does the exact same thing. If you kill the "LCDMon.exe" process, you can at least access your profiler program.

What are your system specs, maybe we can find something in common?

One43637

Sep 26, 2005
http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.aspx?rigid=31588

the bad thing is that i got it working the first time. the LCD was dispalying clock, and showing CPU/Ram load just fine. the only reason i tried to reinstall it was because i read about some pre-loaded game profiles. i checked mine, and i didn't see any, so i tried reinstalling the software and now i have the wow and battlefront profiles, but the LCD won't display anything but it's logo.

killing the LCDMon.exe process would let me access the LCD options. i would get the clock working briefly, but it would just hang.