LCD Monitor issues with turning back on when a screensaver kicks in..

Qacer

Platinum Member
Apr 5, 2001
I'm trying to figure out how to troubleshoot this problem. I already have the latest drivers for my Radeon card, updated BIOS drivers, and the most recent monitor driver.

The problem is that when I turn my monitor off and while it is off, the screensaver kicks in, then I can't get the monitor to home in on a video signal when I turn it back on. The only way for me to get the display back is to unplug the DVI-D (single link) connection from the Radeon X600 PCI-e card and reconnect it.

Any tips?

Thanks!

mpilchfamily

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2007
Try moving the mouse around to kick the system off the screen saver then turn the monitor back on.

Qacer

Platinum Member
Apr 5, 2001
Yep, I did all that. I even waited for a couple minutes to see if there was a lag. I've been reading about similar issues, but none of the related postings provided a definite solution.

I actually just did a quick test. I turned off my monitor while typing my message. The problem is not specific to a screensaver. If the computer is on and the screen is just a normal display, then turning off the monitor temporarily and then turning it back on results in the same issue. The only fix is to unplug the connector in the back and plug it back in.

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
Disable the screen saver completely. Aside from possible entertainment value, they really serve to real purpose with a LCD monitor.

Qacer

Platinum Member
Apr 5, 2001
I called up Samsung tech support. After explaining my problem, they decided to just replace my monitor. Sweet!