lawl

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
GUMyx.jpg

wuliheron

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2011
It might be funny if we had a release date for episode 3, but after all this time its just a lame fat joke.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I have no idea what's going on, but I think the strip is not only hilarious, but quite classy :D

it took me a while too. I still don't know who Gabe Newell is, and only vaguely understand the deal about episode 3 (took me long enough to see what that was, and only then, I guessed).

I still laughed.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
it took me a while too. I still don't know who Gabe Newell is, and only vaguely understand the deal about episode 3 (took me long enough to see what that was, and only then, I guessed).

I still laughed.

Gabe Newell owns Valve

Red Hawk

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2011

I still laughed.

Gabe Newell's one of the developers of Half-Life. I remember seeing a picture of him once and I have to admit thinking, "Wow, he's kind of fat..."

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001

I still laughed.
you are in the pc gaming forum and you do not know who Gabe Newell is? even after you were told it was Gabe Newell, you did not take 2 seconds to google the name? o_O

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
you are in the pc gaming forum and you do not know who Gabe Newell is? even after you were told it was Gabe Newell, you did not take 2 seconds to google the name? o_O

Thanks, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. Any respectable PC gamer should know who Gabe Newell is. If you really had to ask who he is, or you didn't even recognize him from the picture, then I am disappoint.

Edit: For the unaware, Gabe Newell is the CEO of Valve Software, the mind behind some of the most prominent PC games ever made (Half Life series, Portal), and the creator of the largest PC digital distribution system in existence (Steam).

Last edited:

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com

when i first saw it i read Ep 3 adn thought star wars and then thought WTF this makes no sense as the fat dude didnt look like george lucas

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
Thanks, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. Any respectable PC gamer should know who Gabe Newell is. If you really had to ask who he is, or you didn't even recognize him from the picture, then I am disappoint.

Edit: For the unaware, Gabe Newell is the CEO of Valve Software, the mind behind some of the most prominent PC games ever made (Half Life series, Portal), and the creator of the largest PC digital distribution system in existence (Steam).

I will have to stick up for him here and say I'm usually too busy playing the games to look up pictures of who made them....:eek:

Feb 24, 2001

Not to take anything away from Newell, he's a smart dude, but he didn't do Portal. IIRC it was a sort of tech demo from some students called Nerbacular Drop. Valve liked it and fleshed it out into a game.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

Oh, I assumed.

I assumed from the beginning that "it must be lead designer/pres of valve or something." I still didn't know who that was, I could only assume.

Kaotik put a name to him for me.

...I just don't give two shits about who is who in the industry, so I never knew.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

I guess I'm not a PC Gamer..much less a respectable one.

<-- this is my sad face.

Last edited: