Law enforcement target practice with images of young children.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ZaneNBK

Golden Member
Sep 14, 2000
They need to finish the series and add a baby with a gun and perhaps some dogs and cats with guns, maybe a goldfish too.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
You are very, very, very naive. There are areas of the inner cities I would feel comfortable walking through with body armor and an AR-15.

Edit: Oh wait, it's momeNT's trolling. Nevermind.

I'm not saying that citizens shouldn't be allowed to be lethally armed, because they should. Police should not however, they have the advantage of greater funding and access to armored vehicles, stun guns, and tear gas that could render lethally armed combatants impotent.

Sep 7, 2009
Anti-inhibition training, gotta get them before they fire their cell-phone/vidcam/retractable dog leash. Did I forget the water pistol/soft shooter/play toys?

Don't you know, a LEO's life is worth far more than any civilian, 6 year old with a dog leash or not.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
http://news.yahoo.com/israeli-snipe...rosshairs-163924256--abc-news-topstories.html

ht_israeli_soldier_instagram_lpl_130218_wmain.jpg

who?

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2012
Maybe the druggie parents have taught the little boy that the police are evil.

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
The OP is an idiot, plain and simple. Many police units are trained on live fire ranges, that do have women, children, and even men with no weapon, or a weapon. Or with a man holding a woman/child hostage. You have a split second to turn the corner and either fire on the perp with a gun, or not on the person without a gun. This has been going on forever, get over it. Your gun rage is making you a blind, ignorant, fool. Add that and your obvious anti-cop stance is just mind boggling.

Slew Foot

Lifer
Sep 22, 2005
Some guy got 5.5 million bucks for printing out posters with kids holding guns? Damn I'm in the wrong industry.

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
The OP is an idiot, plain and simple. Many police units are trained on live fire ranges, that do have women, children, and even men with no weapon, or a weapon. Or with a man holding a woman/child hostage. You have a split second to turn the corner and either fire on the perp with a gun, or not on the person without a gun. This has been going on forever, get over it. Your gun rage is making you a blind, ignorant, fool. Add that and your obvious anti-cop stance is just mind boggling.

Cops should not be told to shoot and kill any small child they see who potentially has a gun. What if the child found the gun, or what if it was a toy.

AHamick

Nov 3, 2008
Cops should not be told to shoot and kill any small child they see who potentially has a gun. What if the child found the gun, or what if it was a toy.

Both pictures clearly show either a child or a pregnant woman POINTING a gun at the shooter. Don't point guns you just found at police officers, and you won't get hurt....

Seems simple to me

Sep 7, 2009
Both pictures clearly show either a child or a pregnant woman POINTING a gun at the shooter. Don't point guns you just found at police officers, and you won't get hurt....

Seems simple to me

Kinda looks like a dog leash if you glance at it.

Jan 25, 2011

Seems simple to me

See the problem is you're looking at this with reason and logic. Just stop it.

You need to feed on purely emotional aspects. Maybe throw in some crazy conspiracy theories. Have fun with it. This isn't supposed to be about reality.

You'll never get the faux outrage with that attitude.

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
If you point a gun at a police officer he's going to shoot you. If you want certain demographics to be allowed to point guns at police contact your elected representatives.

This times eleventy quadrillion. Don't point a loaded gun at an armed police officer? If you get shot, well that's just Darwin at work.

Sep 7, 2009
This times eleventy quadrillion. Don't point a loaded gun at an armed police officer? If you get shot, well that's just Darwin at work.

Yup, and LEOs are infallible, never making any mistakes whatsoever behind that thin blue line.

I mean hey, we're talking about 6 year olds here. It's important to never think twice, just shoot the mofo.

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Yup, and LEOs are infallible, never making any mistakes whatsoever behind that thin blue line.

I mean hey, we're talking about 6 year olds here. It's important to never think twice, just shoot the mofo.

What does what you say have anything to do with what I said? You're refuting that it's stupid to point a loaded gun at an armed police officer?

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000

I too rely on pure emotion when refuting logical arguments. Let's hug.

Sep 7, 2009
Then you probably shouldn't be a cop if you've got such bad eyesight and you don't wear glasses/contacts. Reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=cRXNNqNfQBs#t=55s

I would be a terrible cop.

I would use logic when assessing situations and would think twice before blindly shooting a 6 year old little boy in the face.

That goes against everything that they're trained to do.. Look once, shoot until the magazine is empty and make sure your own ass is covered at any cost.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
The fact they have a contact with the federal government is proof that the federal government at the very least is using these targets.

wtf, no it isn't.

It's proof that they have a contract with the Feds, for some project. not this specific series of targets.

This is Incorruptible caliber of analysis.

Sep 7, 2009
wtf, no it isn't.

It's proof that they have a contract with the Feds, for some project. not this specific series of targets.

This is Incorruptible caliber of analysis.

Contract or not, those types of targets are only used by LEOs. The fact that they make them shows there's demand.

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
I would be a terrible cop.

I would use logic when assessing situations and would think twice before blindly shooting a 6 year old little boy in the face.

That goes against everything that they're trained to do.. Look once, shoot until the magazine is empty and make sure your own ass is covered at any cost.

Again, completely clueless

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Anyone with a gun is a target. The problem is the image is too fuzzy to determine if the gun the little kid is holding is real or not. However, if you point a loaded gun at someone you should be prepared to die. Never know when a gang is going to pick a yougster to kill you. They know a younger person can not be charged as an adult. I could see this happening. All crimes with guns should be punishable by death. It is premeditated when you pick up a loaded gun and go to commit a crime.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Some police officers will shoot you if you just make a quick move and look like you are going for a gun. Dont try that with some stressed out inner city cop in Chicago.