Latest school shooter uses a knife?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
Not to anyone who understands that gun laws are for people who follow laws already. People bent on hurting others don't care what the law says, whether they're holding a gun or a knife or a shoestring.

Yeah, WE know that but does the general news-watching asleep American? Remember how slanted our NEWS has become. Do they ever point out the "anti-government" parents from Tampa who "kidnapped" their kids were both Engineers and the father was an Air Force veteran? Almost never, if at all. They actually slant the story to make them appear to be meth-head zombies who have committed treason against the government, when all they did was spark up a joint. You have to go to alternative media sources these days to find the truth. And what was the "anti-government" rally they went to anyways? A Tea Party rally...

It's just a matter of time until one party or the other uses the NDAA and Patriot Act to remove the people who do not agree with their political views.

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
While I am pro-gun, this is a perfect example of why other weapons are not nearly as deadly as guns.

Again, more gun laws does not mean they will be enforced against criminals.
See Chicago. Strictest gun laws; highest gun crime.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Things would have been worse with a gun, assuming he actually wanted to kill people, but the continual problem is the fucking crazies.

I told you I was seeing more than I had programmed myself to expect from you. I find your post to be spot on.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Nobody died, this is the poster child for gun control now. "Yes, 14 people were attacked but nobody died, now what if he has used a gun?"

Welcome to your next false flag and front page political story. Won't be long before at least a couple of these people are on your TV with Obanma calling for your guns.
I'd say this is the poster child for concealed carry. Contrast these two headlines:
CRAZED MAN ATTACKS AND INJURES FOURTEEN WITH EXACTO KNIFE.
CRAZED MAN ATTACKS CCW HOLDER WITH EXACTO KNIFE, IS SHOT DEAD.

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
While I am pro-gun, this is a perfect example of why other weapons are not nearly as deadly as guns.

Again, more gun laws does not mean they will be enforced against criminals.
See Chicago. Strictest gun laws; highest gun crime.

It was already linked, but I'd rather be shot than hacked up with a machete. :\

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Nobody died, this is the poster child for gun control now. "Yes, 14 people were attacked but nobody died, now what if he has used a gun?"

Welcome to your next false flag and front page political story. Won't be long before at least a couple of these people are on your TV with Obanma calling for your guns.

Or that x-acto knives suck.

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
Things would have been worse with a gun, assuming he actually wanted to kill people, but the continual problem is the fucking crazies.

Which will not be addressed in the foreseeable future by vulture like politicians and their pundit allies (its easier to blame inanimate objects or constitutional freedoms) unless they can figure a way to spin that issue so as to get re-elected on it and grab more governmental power over law abiding individuals in society.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I told you I was seeing more than I had programmed myself to expect from you. I find your post to be spot on.

We need to start addressing the "whys". Granted a gun is more lethal than a hobby knife but the one I carry which is legal even in NY will kill effectively. If that were removed I can find another effective weapon. It's not about using something to harm but that we are so casual about doing so in the first place.

MustISO

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I'm glad he used a knife like object and not a gun. Would have been a lot more dead with a gun.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
At this point I don't see how this has anything to do with gun control. People using for such are just trying to (predictably) grind their political axe.

This a mental health issue, and/or a violence issue.

Only a damn retard would take this as some sort of proof guns are more dangerous than knives (early reports said it was a pencil). H3ll, everybody knew a gun was more dangerous than a freaking exacto knife or pencil (well, perhaps not some Dem politicians who recommended defending yourself with a pen or your urine, but that's really another matter).

The news articles say he was 20 yrs old. He could have legally purchased an 'assault weapon' and used it if he so chose. Could be he flipped out and the exacto knife was merely convenient.

Maybe he didn't want to actually kill anybody?

We don't know enough yet to draw much of use from this event now.

Fern

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
He's probably a conservative, republican, religious gun nut who is using an X-acto knife to prove his point that banning assault rifles doesn't fix crazy.

Spungo

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2012
Not to anyone who understands that gun laws are for people who follow laws already. People bent on hurting others don't care what the law says, whether they're holding a gun or a knife or a shoestring.
That's why we should legalize nuclear bombs. Stabbing 14 people with 0 deaths is the same as the columbine shooting with 13 deaths, so in theory nuking 1 million people is the same as shooting 13. Life is black and white like that. All bad things are the same degree of bad. Stealing a loaf of bread is just as bad as stealing millions of dollars from retired people. Dumb liberals are the bane of America.

This is a good example of why guns SHOULD be legal and most families should have one (not sarcasm, totally serious). Can you imagine something like that happening in the US? A few thousand armed thugs wouldn't stand a chance against millions of armed civilians. Africa actually has very few guns. A small group of thugs with guns can take an entire African village hostage, rape their women, kill their men, kidnap their children to make more child soldiers.

Last edited:

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
At this point I don't see how this has anything to do with gun control. People using for such are just trying to (predictably) grind their political axe.

Not at all, I am just pointing out that this is exactly the evidence that the governmedia needed to show that getting rid of guns would mean far fewer deaths, and I am sure they will run with it.

I don't have a dog in this fight, I think both of your parties are disgusting paradigms meant to divide people to make us easier to control. It's just the religion v science battle, but with political offices at stake. Obviously, the Right panders to religious people whereas the Left panders to the science people, creating an ever expanding chasm that only serves to further and further radicalize each movement and drive us away from each other as a whole.

Yeah I know, I am crazy and you're all such uber leet geniuses...*sigh* Back to your regularly scheduled zzpzzrzozzzzgzzzrzazzmmzzizzznzzzgz.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
I was talking about how crazy he looked. Thanks.

Yes but if SpatiallyAware had said "not surprised by the perp's appearance" in a thread where a black criminal's mugshot was posted, consider the thoughts that would go through your head :)

Nobody died, this is the poster child for gun control now.

Bad-Car-Wreck.jpg
Horse_and_buggy_1910.jpg

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net