Last Snow Day of the Season

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
Hopefully! 46 mph winds, a foot of snow. It's nice to have the day off but, it really screws with the week. I've got two functions tomorrow and all the prep to do for them plus our regular menu. The herd will be ravenous because they had to go a while day without chicken nuggets and tenders.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
We seem to be through ours too, though I won't be surprised if we get the odd dusting in April or May.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Oddly enough it's super hot here. Snow is melting like crazy and it's been raining. Pretty nasty out in terms of everything being full of ice and water, but at same time I'm kinda looking forward to summer, so it's nice to at least get some heat even though it's too crappy out to go for a walk anywhere.

I'm sure we have several storms left though, it's only March.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
It's always bittersweet for me. I don't really like dealing with the snow, but I love snowboarding. This season I quit snowboarding after the beginning January because I've been so busy at work. I probably only went about six times vs. my typical ~30. Feels really weird to think about it.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
What I do hate about the snow melt season is that, while it's nice to know that summer is coming, the weather is so sporadic you don't know from one day to the next if you need rubber boots, or a skidoo suit. It drags on forever and everything is just too nasty to really do anything outside. Sidewalks are all mush, roads are all mush, still too much snow in the yard to do any projects, it's just a black out period where you can't really do anything. Even in the middle of winter at least you can dress up and go for a walk or something.

Another couple months and it will be dog poop season. That's when the sidewalks melt enough that all the poop that accumulated over the year starts to surface. Layers upon layers of poop. Navigate your way through the icy puddles of jagged ice, while also avoiding to step in poop.