Laser pointer $3.99 shipped

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
37,480
8,078
136
5 Head laser pointer

It's from Surplus Computer in Santa Clara or San Jose California or thereabouts. They have another one for the same money (shipped free) that has a pen and LED, of which I have two:

Pen + laser pointer + LED minilight

The LED is suitable for maybe finding a keyhole in the dark, and that's about it. The pointer is pretty nice. It's red, works great indoors. Outdoors in full daylight it's pretty hard to see, but can be seen depending on the circumstances. The batteries that came with mine were somewhat corroded and they wouldn't work properly until I sanded off the corrosion. Don't know about the 5 head laser pointer. Why would you want more than one head? Do they burn out? Are they different?

 

V00D00

Golden Member
May 25, 2003
1,834
0
0
I've always seen the heads with the naked lady laying down. Anyone know if this one comes with it?
 

gotensan01

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2004
1,446
0
0
Originally posted by: entropy1982
how much do normal laswer pointers usually go for
A laser pointer of this quality (I'm assuming pretty crappy) can be bought for around $3. So $3.99 shipped ain't bad at all I guess.
 

LiquidIce1337

Senior member
Aug 23, 2005
537
0
0
ehh I had that exact one they make a sh!tload of them, they are terrible they fall apart and have awful contact ont hem they die very very quick or end up falling apart... Not worth your money, they will last you like 1 presentation.. get the pen ones. they ar elike 15 much more worth it

nevrmind 2nd link one is good screw the frist link thought hat one is the one im tlakin about
 

Souka

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2000
4,728
1
76
I recommend making sure they use a single or double AAA battery.

if not, once the little watch batteries die, you won't wanna pay $3-12 to replace the batteries....


 

middlehead

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
4,573
2
81
The different heads are other designs. I've got a 50 head pocket-laser around somewhere that sucks ass.

I want one of those super-bright gree ones. Those're sexy
 

dealmaddy

Junior Member
Jul 5, 2005
17
0
0
I've got both of these items, from SurplusComputers itself and trust me, once you receive it, you'll feel that you've fallen in their trap. The quality of these products is extremely crappy and will make you feel VERY CHEAP. Moreover, i've seen exactly the same ones at my local Dollar stores. Not worth even the $4 that you spend, IMHO.
 

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
37,480
8,078
136
Originally posted by: LiquidIce1337
ehh I had that exact one they make a sh!tload of them, they are terrible they fall apart and have awful contact ont hem they die very very quick or end up falling apart... Not worth your money, they will last you like 1 presentation.. get the pen ones. they ar elike 15 much more worth it

nevrmind 2nd link one is good screw the frist link thought hat one is the one im tlakin about

Not sure what you mean, but like I said I have the pen + laser pointer + led one (two of them) and so far, they both work, once you get decent batteries in them. I bought some LR44's off eBay, for replacements. This uses 3 of those batteries. I wish it was brighter so it would work better outdoors, but for indoors it's great. Outdoors on a sunny day it's quite marginal pointing at something around 20 feet away.
 

Jeraden

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
2,518
1
76
Anyone have a link to a decent quality laser pointer? Fairly cheap one that is, not the $100 green one linked above. I had one a while back but it took watch batteries and died, so I figured it was cheaper just to get a new one so I threw it out. Then I realized I can't find a single store that still sells laser pointers. My cats like to play with them, its grand entertainment for them to chase the dot around the floor.
 

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
37,480
8,078
136
Originally posted by: Jeraden
Anyone have a link to a decent quality laser pointer? Fairly cheap one that is, not the $100 green one linked above. I had one a while back but it took watch batteries and died, so I figured it was cheaper just to get a new one so I threw it out. Then I realized I can't find a single store that still sells laser pointers. My cats like to play with them, its grand entertainment for them to chase the dot around the floor.

Oh cool! I'm doing some cat sitting next week. I'll bring a pointer along for some fun.
 

Jeraden

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
2,518
1
76
Yeah, I think all cats love them. Ours even recognized the sound of the laser pointer keychain jingling and would come running. The one would hit the laser pointer with his paw, either to try to make it work or to tell us he wanted to play. Such lazy cats, until the laser pointer came out, then they were mighty tigers attacking their prey.
 

longballmaniac

Senior member
Oct 11, 2004
356
0
0
Originally posted by: salsa086

Ultimate Lasers

Or you could get a real laser that projects a beam and dot visible for several miles

god that disclaimer is scary. basically dont shine it ever!! unless you end up on a deserted island and need to signal land a couple hundred miles away :p

and here is my favorite line:

"Class IIIb lasers can be seized by US Customs. If this happens to your order, Wicked Lasers will send another laser to you or refund your purchase amount, whichever you choose."
 

Jaxidian

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2001
2,230
0
71
twitter.com
Originally posted by: longballmaniac
Originally posted by: salsa086

Ultimate Lasers

Or you could get a real laser that projects a beam and dot visible for several miles

god that disclaimer is scary. basically dont shine it ever!! unless you end up on a deserted island and need to signal land a couple hundred miles away :p

and here is my favorite line:

"Class IIIb lasers can be seized by US Customs. If this happens to your order, Wicked Lasers will send another laser to you or refund your purchase amount, whichever you choose."

haha, yeah, I found that pretty funny. "Warning, these are illegal. If you get caught and get it taken away, we'll send you another one if you want."