Laser Eye surgery in the SF Bay Area

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I'm considering getting Laser Eye surgery done. I live in the SF Bay Area, and I was wondering if anyone in this area had it done around here? Where did you have it done, how much did it cost, and what was the result? I know there are sites that list doctors in the area, I'm just looking for personal recommendations

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
plat gold's brother has a lasik place somewhere in cali. Probably in a van down by the river. :D

frankie38

Nov 23, 2004
dont do it. your cornea is a very delicate organ. the cornea is made up of many layers. in the innermost layer keeps your cornea clear of fluids. this layer of cells gradually die as you age. any contact to this layer will acelerate the decline.

buy a nice pair of glasses. save your money. dont mess up your eyes.

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
Originally posted by: frankie38
dont do it. your cornea is a very delicate organ. the cornea is made up of many layers. in the innermost layer keeps your cornea clear of fluids. this layer of cells gradually die as you age. any contact to this layer will acelerate the decline.

Any proof to this?

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

Have any articles that talk about this? I've read many, many stories of people who have gotten the surgery, and almost all seem very happy with it.

I have a nice pair of glasses, they suck. I've worn glasses since I was 11 (29 now), I'm fricking tired of it.

imported_Reck

Golden Member
Jun 24, 2004

never heard anything like that. lasik is fda approved btw.

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
So, I'm considering Dr. Manche of the Stanford University Laser Eye Center. Anyone know someone who had their eyes done by him?