Las Vegas made me sick

FlashG

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 1999
Last week the wife and I went on a mini honeymoon to Vegas. Everything started out great, mostly because this was a business conference trip for me and I only had to pay for her travel.

The 1st night one of my vendors took about 10 of us to the BEST steakhouse that I have been to ?Smith & Wollensky?. Wow! Back to the Westin for a night of !!! The beds had the whitest soft silk comforters and sheets imaginable

Then
The 2nd night another vendor took us to ?Olives? in the Via Bellagio. Double Wow! We had to move to MGM for the last two nights because of availability. Big Mistake. The sheets looked dirty (compared to the Westin) and the room wasn?t near as fresh.

At about 2 am we both started doing the vomiting with diarrhea thing. By 3 hotel security took us both to an emergency clinic with extreme dehydration. Apparently I was running a 107 fever so they put me in a gurney with 2 IV?s. My wife and I shared the next 8 hours in agony but we both survived to tell the tale.

It turns out that Vegas is also hosting the Norwalk flu virus as an added bonus.

I swear I'm going to but a damn TL next week before something really gets me bad.

FlashG

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 1999
Originally posted by: AgaBooga
at least you can enjoy the wife at home :p ;)

Oh, btw, pics of the marriage? Congrats! :beer:
Actually we?ve been married for 35 years. No pics

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
I seem to recall another honeymoon diarrhea/vomiting story recently, that one at a tropical island. Bad luck...

Congratulations on your marriage, btw.. :beer::D

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Gah! Hopefully my trip turns out better. I'm posting from Vegas right now.

Getting picked up to head to the Kona(spelling?) Bar in a few minutes.

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
On the bright side, this happened in America where you got good medical treatment. You could have been in some Latin America crap hole. I think someone posted on here about something similar happening to them while on vacation in a Latin America country.

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Astaroth33
I seem to recall another honeymoon diarrhea/vomiting story recently, that one at a tropical island. Bad luck...

LMAO...I had the same thought.

FlashG

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 1999
Originally posted by: Borracho
107!!!? damn you almost fried your brain my friend

Yes they actually made some guy with a minor gunshot wound wait while they patched me up. Great Doctor and support. The nurse felt my body heat when I walked buy her. She grabbed my arm' picked me up and actually placed me in a gurney by herself!! She was a big Hispanic women but I weigh in at over 255. What an experience.

DrNoobie

Banned
Mar 3, 2004
Dirty sheets? Vomitting, high fever, and dehydration? Sounds to me like you got attacked by the Vibrio cholerae, as the fever is much to high for the Norwalk virus, but extreme situations do happen. Both are from contaminated seafood, one is a virus one is a bacterium. 107 degree fever is bad, good thing you went to a emergency clinic, so close to death and you didn't even know.

Ozoned

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2004
It makes me really happy that I am not
the only one with bad luck...
:)

TitanDiddly

Dec 8, 2003
Originally posted by: Pacfanweb
Hopefully, in this case, what happens in Vegas will really stay in Vegas.

Well, I don't think they'd go to the pains of a doggybag... it's used.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
I've been to LV several times, had a blast, and had no problems (knock on wood). I also traveled outside the US too. Just make sure that you wash your hands alot and watch what you eat and drink. So far, so good.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Astaroth33

Yea i remember that story too, wasnt it a honeymoon in Jamica?

Well on the bright side you werent in a 3rd world hospital and got good care compared to the other ATOT couple.

I was deathly ill on our wedding reception night. I had to puke every 15 min and finally left and went home. There is a picture of my wife cutting OUR wedding cake with our 7 year old nephew.... i still feel horrible about that.

Glad you and your wife are feeling better. 107 temp is dangerous.