Laptop LCD inverter

Shmalls

Feb 24, 2006
ATOT,
I have a laptop that i am fixing for a friend of mine. The laptop's screen comes on when you first turn it on, but only stays on for a few seconds, sometimes you can get it to flicker after it goes off. so I thought that the back light was still good. You can see the screen if you shine a light on it. The video output is good, as i can hook it to an external monitor and it works fine. I dont see any physical damage to the video cable either.

anyway, I replaced the LCD inverter and it does the same thing. Well not totally, the screen still goes dim and flickers from time to time. if i switch back and forth from the old inverter to the new one, I can see that they behave differently so i feel that it may still be the issue. I am wondering if the inverter i bought came DOA, or did the back light get fried when the inverter died and its only able to stay on for seconds.

let me know if there is any other information that i can provide.
If anyone can shine additional light on this subject it would sure be nice.
~David

FreedomGUNDAM

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2006
I just replaced the inverter on a Thinkpad T40 recently. Once I plugged in the inverter I purchased off of ebay, the LCD panel worked perfectly.

Where did u buy the inverter from? Any warranty?

Shmalls

Feb 24, 2006
I bought it from invertercentral.com i talked to them today, and they said to send it back for a replacement. I just hope that one works. I would hate to think i miss-diagnosed such an obvious problem.