Laptop Expected Lifetime

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

gpgofast

Oct 6, 2000
Classic.

I didn't even notice the date. No offense to the Mac...they definitely are way ahead of the curve it appears...by about 6 months or so.

TheStu

Moderator<br>Mobile Devices & Gadgets
Sep 15, 2004
Originally posted by: gpgofast
Classic.

I didn't even notice the date. No offense to the Mac...they definitely are way ahead of the curve it appears...by about 6 months or so.

It happens, I have been known to necro a thread or two myself without realizing.

There are many times that Apple is ahead of the curve and it pays out well in the long run (gigabyte ethernet, wireless n, LED backlighting, dropping floppy drives, USB only) But there have been other things that haven't paid off so well for them.

Dec 10, 2005
Mine is still going strong in its 3rd year of operation (2.5 years old as of December). The battery lasts about half as long as it did during my first year of college, but that's to be expected. Chassis-wise, everything is still looking great. A minor scratch on the side and shiny keys, but otherwise looks great cosmetically.

Didn't notice the date of the OP.... apparently I had posted in this thread then too...

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I have an HP ze2400-series, Sempron 3000+, 2x1GB DDR PC2700, currently 60GB HD (original), have a replacement 250GB IDE 2.5" drive to install some time.

I didn't use it for the longest time, but it's still going strong, and fast enough to play UT2004 at laptop display resolutions (1024x768).

When I boot, it prompts me to install Norton Internet Security 2005, so that must be the era in which I purchased it.

Battery still holds a pretty decent charge, but then again, I've probably recharged it less than 25 times.