Question Lancool 216

sammykhalifa

Dec 26, 2014
I was doing some googling this afternoon and came across something I think wasn't supposed to be up yet . . .
Screenshot_20221109-112240.png

R81Z3N1

Jul 15, 2017
A post is on Reddit, it seems to be a new case that will be released soonish, I like the looks and fits the bill for an air flow case.

They say it has an all mesh top and front without any rubber filters, I do like the bigger fans in the front. Seems lots of folks are now making mesh cases that have good air flow.

R81Z3N1

Reactions: sammykhalifa

sammykhalifa

Dec 26, 2014
A post is on Reddit, it seems to be a new case that will be released soonish, I like the looks and fits the bill for an air flow case.

They say it has an all mesh top and front without any rubber filters, I do like the bigger fans in the front. Seems lots of folks are now making mesh cases that have good air flow.

R81Z3N1
Yeah, I'm going to be building here in the next few and if the reviews pan out it's on the short list. Really I want the Meshify 2 mini but they seem to not want to sell the black case with the light colored glass for some reason.

sammykhalifa

Dec 26, 2014
It looks really good. I was kind of hoping the dimensions were a bit smaller--it looked smaller to me in the render. (I'm kind of looking for a case with shorter front-to-back measurements but with all of the huge video cards out there I'm pretty sure I'm out of luck).

Still seems like a torrent competitor without the weird front grill.

R81Z3N1

Jul 15, 2017
My preorder arrived and it is a heavy case , the box it arrived in was not original. It seems that the original box got damaged and UPS decide to repackage the box which was too small for the Styrofoam so it had been broken up. You can't even fit the package material around the case in the box. But it seems that all hardware was included and not missing anything.

This could be a factor in a as I don't have the original box, and I know like Corsair likes you to take pictures of the lot number, as well as SN number on the box. I assume that the box got damaged in shipping, got wet or something and UPS decided to transfer the contents to a box but did not account for the Styrofoam thus the breakage.

This is for a future build, maybe 9 months to a year but see no scratches or damage to the case as far as I know. But no original box, and broken foam, this was shipped out of Newegg, and I don't blame them that much, would of been nice for double boxing. But this is all on UPS even the shipping label looked like it was cut from the original box and just tapped on top of the new box.

It seems that doing a double box is not common anymore, I had a case come from Amazon it was in original box so know that shipping these cases don't get any kind of love. Luckly I keep my cases for a long time and don't think I will be needing any more for a very very long time.

R81Z3N1

In2Photos

Golden Member
Mar 21, 2007
I got one of these for my daughter. She didn't want any RGB so I pre-ordered the non-RGB version that was supposed to be available on December 5th, but I got an email on the 5th saying it would be delayed 10 days. So I spent $10 more for the RGB version. It arrived yesterday in its original box only, no damage that I can see, one corner was slightly pushed in, but not much. Hope to do the build after Christmas.

In2Photos

Golden Member
Mar 21, 2007
Built my daughter's PC in this case a few days ago. We did an air cooled build, but left the case setup as "water-cooled". The case was super easy to build in. Plenty of places to hold down cables on the back. We didn't add any fans, wanting to see how it performed with the stock fans only. WOW, those front fans move some air! We are fostering a bird in our house right now and the front fans were sucking up smaller feathers that were in the air and holding them against the front panel. We ended up moving the bird further from the PC. :tearsofjoy: Very happy with this case, especially at the price point.

Sulaco

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2003
Just finished building the system in my signature in this. I spent weeks researching and narrowed it down to a few, the front runners being the Lancool III and the Fractal Torrent. I loved the look and feature set of the LCIII, but I was a bit worried about the weight (I've heard multiple people say it's one of the heaviest cases they've build in), and the Torrent was just too big for my needs and so expensive (couldn't find it for less than $230, which I just can't justify)
When the 216 dropped and reviews started rolling in, I basically made up my mind then and there.
It's not perfect. I'm disappointed with how most everything is screwed in, whereas many of my older Phanteks or Fractal cases could easily just pop off with tabs, saving time.
Didn't love that the HDD cage was double stacked and could not be modular if you only wanted to install one HDD. That takes up precious cable room next to the PSU, and more time rerouting.
Also, quite annoying the front IO "RGB Control module" is a separate item and separate charge. My 6+ year old PS400 TG included the RGB/Fan controls preinstalled and ready to go out of the box for basically the same price. So of course I had to manually reroute all the cables around the motherboard for my fans and front IO.

But everything else was a pleasure. Fit and finish was excellent. Cable management, a big reason I didn't go for the Torrent Nano or whatever the smaller Torrent is called was disappointing cable management. The 216 is one of the best I've used. The look is also understated without being boring, which is what I wanted.. And most importantly, airflow, where this case hangs with those previously mentioned that are nearly twice as much. I'm keeping my 13900k cool with only air in the default fan config.

For the price, this has to be one of the tops in this (very, very competitive) segment. Please excuse the picture, they're not well lit or staged; just pulled the case away from the desk for a quick picture.

Attachments

• IMG_8910.JPG
    IMG_8910.JPG
    870.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_8911.JPG
    IMG_8911.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 13

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Just finished building the system in my signature in this. I spent weeks researching and narrowed it down to a few, the front runners being the Lancool III and the Fractal Torrent. I loved the look and feature set of the LCIII, but I was a bit worried about the weight (I've heard multiple people say it's one of the heaviest cases they've build in), and the Torrent was just too big for my needs and so expensive (couldn't find it for less than $230, which I just can't justify)
When the 216 dropped and reviews started rolling in, I basically made up my mind then and there.
It's not perfect. I'm disappointed with how most everything is screwed in, whereas many of my older Phanteks or Fractal cases could easily just pop off with tabs, saving time.
Didn't love that the HDD cage was double stacked and could not be modular if you only wanted to install one HDD. That takes up precious cable room next to the PSU, and more time rerouting.
Also, quite annoying the front IO "RGB Control module" is a separate item and separate charge. My 6+ year old PS400 TG included the RGB/Fan controls preinstalled and ready to go out of the box for basically the same price. So of course I had to manually reroute all the cables around the motherboard for my fans and front IO.

But everything else was a pleasure. Fit and finish was excellent. Cable management, a big reason I didn't go for the Torrent Nano or whatever the smaller Torrent is called was disappointing cable management. The 216 is one of the best I've used. The look is also understated without being boring, which is what I wanted.. And most importantly, airflow, where this case hangs with those previously mentioned that are nearly twice as much. I'm keeping my 13900k cool with only air in the default fan config.

For the price, this has to be one of the tops in this (very, very competitive) segment. Please excuse the picture, they're not well lit or staged; just pulled the case away from the desk for a quick picture.

That's nice. I'm already re-thinking the be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 Rev.2 case. I knew it was gonna be big...which it is, but it's so freakin heavy and closed off. The price for the 216 is decent too.

In2Photos

Golden Member
Mar 21, 2007
That's nice. I'm already re-thinking the be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 Rev.2 case. I knew it was gonna be big...which it is, but it's so freakin heavy and closed off. The price for the 216 is decent too.
It really is a great case for the money. My daughter is very happy with it and of course that makes me happy.

Sulaco

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2003
Built my daughter's PC in this case a few days ago. We did an air cooled build, but left the case setup as "water-cooled". The case was super easy to build in. Plenty of places to hold down cables on the back. We didn't add any fans, wanting to see how it performed with the stock fans only. WOW, those front fans move some air! We are fostering a bird in our house right now and the front fans were sucking up smaller feathers that were in the air and holding them against the front panel. We ended up moving the bird further from the PC. :tearsofjoy: Very happy with this case, especially at the price point.

Did you have to relocate the rear exhaust fan leaving it in Watercool config? I seem to remember watching a GN video where they had to move the exhaust fan OUTSIDE the chassis

Last edited:

In2Photos

Golden Member
Mar 21, 2007
Did you have to relocate the rear exhaust fan leaving it in Watercool config? I seem to remember watching a GN video where they had to move the exhaust fan OUTSIDE the chassis
Nope. Left it in the spot it came in. There's an optional exterior fan, but I believe most testing shows it to be unnecessary and little to no help with GPU temps.