LAN users cannot connect to shared drive

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Stattlich

Jul 6, 2004
Really! Ok, I'll give that a shot... interesting issue. Hadn't heard anything bad about that until now.

Stattlich

Jul 6, 2004
Originally posted by: RebateMonger
I'll give my mandatory warning that NForce Firewall software has been known to cause weird networking issues. Personally, I'd remove and disable the whole NVidia networking and firewall thing and install a $5 PCI network card, just in case Nvidia drivers are causing your problems.

YOU ROCK.

It was the integrated nVidia NIC! Installed a discrete NIC (trusty old D-Link DFE-530TX+) and everything started working immediately. Beautiful! Thanks to all that assisted me through this process- had we only known before. FYI, when nothing makes sense anymore and you're starting to question your ability, replace the hardware and see what happens.

RebateMonger

Elite Member
Dec 24, 2005
Glad you got it working. It sucks when it takes so long to fix something like this....but you'd THINK that NVidia could make a NIC driver that works properly, wouldn't you?...

Stattlich

Jul 6, 2004
You'd think! And I'm surprised this isn't a more widely-known issue, and furthermore that there isn't an nForce driver update out yet to fix it. This is a pretty major issue, and honestly the first blemish on nVidia's part after year's of dealing with their otherwise fantastic products.

I hope they get this in order soon before nVidia NICs become well-known for their issues...