Lady PWND...PSA: Don't screw with judges.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: mugs
Originally posted by: alkemyst
Originally posted by: mugs
Originally posted by: alkemyst

It is illegal in the state of Florida to record a person's voice without the person's knowledge and consent, but the law says there must be a reasonable expectation of privacy. The expectation of privacy while partying on Peanut Island could come into question.

While I agree that you have no expectation of privacy in a public place, the fact that she shot the video secretively implies that she knew he expected his comments to be private.

I don't know what the law says about that though.

It's illegal, this chick had a history of doing things just like this to other people. A judge gets a different level of privacy afforded to him due to his position. Likewise a judge is entitled to his private time.

Fortunately the people here are taking a man noticing breasts at a island spot normal and not trying to cruxify him. With all these officials going after minors and practical babies they are probably estatic.

Yeah I'm not entirely sure what she did WAS illegal. What is your basis for saying that a judge has a "different" (implicitly greater) expectation of privacy? Typically public figures have a lesser expectation of privacy. Whether or not it was legal appears to hinge on whether or not he had an expectation of privacy, and I'm not sure if he did or not.

thats my one problem with the story.

what the judge said on tame is nothing. What guy has not remarked about a womens breast at the beach (ok straight ones that is)? i don't see it as bad.

question is do you have a expectation of privacy on the beach? i would say no.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: waggy
the WWE is not wrestling its entertainment.

yes i spent 20 years in wrestling (most forms freeystyle, grecko/Roman, etc. though my ffamily has a history in it (uncle a state champ, cousin 2 time state champ)). I also have had major health issues wich now limit my mobility and such Wrestling had a part in that also but hell thats a diffrent thread and if you really want to know PM me. I have been very open about my health.

am i saying 6 shouldnt be able to? no they should have. but what i am saying its not as easy as many think. When a guy is fighting (wich he was) you need to be able to get him under control in a way that will not hurt (and as right now tazers are the least deadly of the training they have). Sure there have been a few deaths. but there also have been a few deaths by cops chocking, billy clubs etc.l

Cops do not spend there life learning moves. even with 2 years experiance you have enough knowledge to put someone down. cops do not have that (well most). they also spend time learning laws, firearms, PR etc. So yes they need tools to help.

I have agreed from the start they need better training. but again that is another thread.

BUT as i been saying IN this case the cops were justified useing the tazer. should they been able to get h im under control? yes. Do i expect them to have the training? no (though they should).

having them attempt to use physical force is just going to get them or the idiot kid hurt.

:) I will give you that most people think it's so easy to 'beat' someone. The problem they have is they have in their mind what the 'battle' is going to be like. At the same time they over estimate what their body can do (like most people trying to throw a kick in a fight as they go hopping backwards falling down lolz).

Sorry to hear about the health thing. I had about 8 months rehab on my arm...it's still not 100%, but I just deal with it hurting at times. After the rehab my range of motion is back...still it sucks. I have done so much that should have messed me up and here it is a simple 2.5 gallon zypherhills water bottle falling out of my trunk destroyed something in my elbow.

It really pisses me off though how unfit cops are in general. They do die in the line of duty, but what sucks is you never see the fat dude getting shot. It's always the healthy guy. Chances are that fat cop is at a dunkin donuts somewhere.

The funny part of coming to america is my wife just brought that up one day. She said if we ever had an emergency we should go to a dunkin donuts because they always have a cop working there. :)