LA Noire, but not Red Dead Redemption?

coldmeat

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2007
They've said that they just don't think it's worth their time. I don't know if that's the real reason, but that's what I read.

OptimumSlinky

Nov 3, 2009
Eh, it wasn't that great a game on 360. RDR is novel for like four hours, but then you realize that the plot is garbage and it lacks the humor and personality of great open world games like GTA: Vice City.

Ross Ridge

Dec 21, 2009
LA Noire makes a bit more sense actually. It's essentially an Adventure game, a genre much more popular on the PC. If it didn't have the Rockstar brand attached to it I think it would've flopped as a console game.

Mike Gayner

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2007
People need to get over Red Dead Redemption. It's seriously the most god awful, boring game on my Xbox.

crownjules

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2005
RDR is literally the best game ever made. Makes me want to get on my horse and fire my sixgun.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
LA Noire makes a bit more sense actually. It's essentially an Adventure game, a genre much more popular on the PC. If it didn't have the Rockstar brand attached to it I think it would've flopped as a console game.

This is a very good point, and I'm surprised you're the first person I've seen mention it. How successful would L.A. Noire have been if it didn't have Rockstar's name on it?

Also agreed about PC being a great platform for adventure games. I'll definitely pick up L.A. Noire eventually. Not at full price, but sometime down the road for cheap.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
This doesn't concern me, as it's the type of game I'd much rather play on my big TV, and with console game pad. Plus, the lack of headaches dealing with bugs from porting.

dpodblood

Diamond Member
May 20, 2010
I loved RDR. If people really want to play it why not just pick up a 360? They're pretty cheap now.

tdawg

Platinum Member
May 18, 2001
I stopped midway through RDR on the 360 and have no interest or intention of picking it back up. Just got too boring and better stuff came out that took up any residual interest/time.

computron

Oct 12, 2011
Pushed myself through RDR to the end. It wasn't a fun experience and the ending was meh...idk...open world sandbox games all seem lack soul these days. Saints Row 1 & 2 were well done (fun and humorous) but GTA 4, RDR, Oblivion (as a non-linear rpg) all kinda sucked imo. They were snorefests.

Last edited:

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I liked RDR. It wasn't fantastic all the way to the end, but at least I finished it. LA Noire on the other hand felt rushed, and I couldn't even finish it before moving on to better games. The facial motion technology they used was very impressive and I hope to see it be applied to more games in the future, but the game itself wasn't good.

R* games lately have been really awful ports though, so either would probably be a technical failure on the PC.