L4D

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: KeithTalent
Hey, is there any point to getting the achievements, or are they just for show?

You know in TF2 how you unlock new weapons and whatnot when you get achievements, is there anything like that here?

KT

all show.

n7

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2004
Originally posted by: minmaster
anyone notice survival has nearly zero replay value once you get all the golds? there needs to be other incentives to play it after you get all the golds.

Sadly, this is mostly true.

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
Originally posted by: n7
anyone notice survival has nearly zero replay value once you get all the golds? there needs to be other incentives to play it after you get all the golds.

Yep. I don't have the patience to replay most of the maps that I've gotten gold on. I just want them to switch it to one of the few I don't have a gold on yet.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: DeePee
Originally posted by: KeithTalent
Hey, is there any point to getting the achievements, or are they just for show?

You know in TF2 how you unlock new weapons and whatnot when you get achievements, is there anything like that here?

KT

all show.

Lame.

KT

n7

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2004
Originally posted by: Imp

Yep. I don't have the patience to replay most of the maps that I've gotten gold on. I just want them to switch it to one of the few I don't have a gold on yet.

I finally got my last gold with three of us, & a bot :Q

I'd played the level like 8 times before, trying for 10 minutes desperately with various groups of really decent people, & then last night with an effing bot Zoey :laugh:

I couldn't believe it.

BTW, ggs last night KeithTalent, we'll cure you of your n00bishness soon enough in versus :p

I almost felt bad every time i heard a boomer spawn that one first game, hehe.
It seemed i was killing you as it from fantastic angles every single time :p

AnonymouseUser

Diamond Member
May 14, 2003
I played L4D for about one hour, and it was good for just that - one hour. Been playing Savage 2 a lot lately.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: Imp

I finally got my last gold with three of us, & a bot :Q

I'd played the level like 8 times before, trying for 10 minutes desperately with various groups of really decent people, & then last night with an effing bot Zoey :laugh:

I couldn't believe it.

BTW, ggs last night KeithTalent, we'll cure you of your n00bishness soon enough in versus :p

I almost felt bad every time i heard a boomer spawn that one first game, hehe.
It seemed i was killing you as it from fantastic angles every single time :p

Whoops, missed your post.

Yeah, thanks a tonne for the tips and tricks, I think I am starting to get a better feel for things. I'm still terrible with the Boomer and god help our team if I am the one picked to be the Tank. :( However, I was able to take out some good people last night as a Hunter and even one guy as a Smoker. Practice practice practice.

For some reason, when I play as the good guys, I always end up at the back of the pack and trounced on by Hunters, or snatched by Smokers. I really need to learn to move faster. I'm also not sure I like the molotovs, since all they ever seem to accomplish is lighting the Infected on fire, then they come and do extra damage to us, since they are covered in flames. :confused: Anyway, fun times all around.

KT