KOTOR 3?

jdoggg12

Platinum Member
Aug 20, 2005
Google didn't turn up much recent info on the status of this... maybe i should ask the console section?

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Schadenfroh
Originally posted by: Bateluer
There hasn't been any official announcement of such a title. The closest is the partnership between Bioware and LucasArts, see the link below.
http://www.lucasartsbioware.com/

My money for that one is on Star Wars Galaxies 2: The Knights of the Old Republic.

Wouldn't really surprise me. Every publisher has seen the cash that WoW is pulling in and, as I said over a year ago, there will be a few generations of 'Me Too!' MMOs.

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Originally posted by: Schadenfroh
There hasn't been any official announcement of such a title. The closest is the partnership between Bioware and LucasArts, see the link below.
http://www.lucasartsbioware.com/

My money for that one is on Star Wars Galaxies 2: The Knights of the Old Republic.

Wouldn't really surprise me. Every publisher has seen the cash that WoW is pulling in and, as I said over a year ago, there will be a few generations of 'Me Too!' MMOs.

I think everybody is saying that(including me) KOTOR 3 will be KOTOR online :) ,now if this becomes true I hope its like Pre CU of SWG :D ,I can honestly say I never had as much fun in any MMORPG as much as pre CU of SWG,those were the days.

There are too many homeless SWG players at the moment.

Sylvanas

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2004
It would have to be game of the year material for me to buy a Kotor MMO....they should just stick to the tried and tested formula from Kotor1- a solid and fun RPG.

uli2000

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2006
Doesnt matter if/when it comes out. Now that EA owns Bioware, expect whatever gets released will be crap.

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
Originally posted by: uli2000
Doesnt matter if/when it comes out. Now that EA owns Bioware, expect whatever gets released will be crap.

On the plus side, we will get it (probably) more than a year sooner!

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
sorry for the old bumpage but i am really jones'in for some KOTOR-style gaming on my PC.

i might just play through 1 & 2 again!

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
Originally posted by: meltdown75
sorry for the old bumpage but i am really jones'in for some KOTOR-style gaming on my PC.

Have you played Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines?

I'd say that game as well as Jade Empire (Which is also on the PC now) are both very close to KoTOR. One in the vain of vampire the masquerade, which I like any way - and one in a vain of its own, which is a mythical kung fu sort of game

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
Originally posted by: AMDZen

Have you played Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines?

I'd say that game as well as Jade Empire (Which is also on the PC now) are both very close to KoTOR. One in the vain of vampire the masquerade, which I like any way - and one in a vain of its own, which is a mythical kung fu sort of game
thanks I'm going to try those both out.

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
how about a game for people who want to have lives lives read: NOT AN MMO PLEASE

SirStev0

Lifer
Nov 13, 2003
would much rather if they kept a crpg instead of an mmo... there aren't many good turn based rpgs left...

cw42

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2004
I just finished playing KOTOR1, took me around 32hrs. Prior to this I played Mass Effect, I had no idea the games were THIS similar (not just style of gameplay, but story line also). KOTOR was def a really good game for its time, and still is now. I'm trying to decide if I want to replay 1 again to try different things, or start playing The Sith Lords. From what I read in a review, it's pretty much the same thing which makes me not really want to play it. A lot of the things make the game feel like a chore.

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001
No MMORPG please :( KOTOR's best feature was its good story line, making it a MMORPG would turn it into another bland, grinding, overpriced piece of crap that is MMORPG.

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
AMDZen: Jade Empire was a good recommendation. I'm playing it right now, pretty cool and a lot like KOTOR for sure. thanks :beer:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Originally posted by: cw42
I just finished playing KOTOR1, took me around 32hrs. Prior to this I played Mass Effect, I had no idea the games were THIS similar (not just style of gameplay, but story line also). KOTOR was def a really good game for its time, and still is now. I'm trying to decide if I want to replay 1 again to try different things, or start playing The Sith Lords. From what I read in a review, it's pretty much the same thing which makes me not really want to play it. A lot of the things make the game feel like a chore.
(Since someone else bumped the thread I wont feel bad about posting.)

What things?

Depending on what you didnt like in the first one, you may be in for a happy suprise (if its been removed).

The story is actually a little weaker but you have a lot more toys, more feats and a TONS of new force powers. You can also turn all but one of your human characters into Jedi. They also redid the interface and its much easier to navigate, at any resolution.

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
AMDZen: Jade Empire was a good recommendation. I'm playing it right now, pretty cool and a lot like KOTOR for sure. thanks :beer:

Glad to hear it, I enjoyed it as well.

Another note to add, there are some good mods out there for KoTOR 1&2 and Jade Empire as well as Vampire. After finding some of them I found another play through was practically a must.