Kosovo Statehood

BarneyFife

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2001
http://www.theage.com.au/news/.../15/1202760602716.html

Mosques are appearing, mainly through Saudi funding. While Kosovo Muslims are secular, there are reports of women being paid 250 euros a month to wear the hijab. Moderate Albanians mutter of young men appearing in mosques with extremist views, but their power base is small.

Got to love the US allowing them to split from Serbia to form an independent state (likely Muslim state in the near future). Kosovo will be a new terrorist playground with special thanks to Saudi Arabia for the funding.

BrownTown

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2005
Originally posted by: BarneyFife
Got to love the US allowing them to split from Serbia to form an independent state (likely Muslim state in the near future). Kosovo will be a new terrorist playground with special thanks to Saudi Arabia for the funding.

Got to love Americans thinking a country can only be formed with their permission...

But seriously who knows how this will turn out, certinally not I, but lets not just assume that everything is going to go down the crapper and we'll have another terrorist state on our hands (its deffinitely *possible*, but if Saudi Arabia is putting in tons of money supporting radical views maybe some other countries will do the same with secular views?).

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: BrownTown

Got to love Americans thinking a country can only be formed with their permission...

But seriously who knows how this will turn out, certinally not I, but lets not just assume that everything is going to go down the crapper and we'll have another terrorist state on our hands (its deffinitely *possible*, but if Saudi Arabia is putting in tons of money supporting radical views maybe some other countries will do the same with secular views?).

And often it's these same people who scream about the US meddling inother countries affairs. Yet then turn around and complain when we don't.

Fern

Jun 26, 2007
I was in Kosovo and the EU is sending some of the finest men i've ever known as to protect the minorities, that the UCK could ever again get a claim in this issue is just propaganda.

Besides, the UCK doesn't want a free Kosovo, they want a huge Albania that includes Kosovo.

It isn't possible for it to become a Muslim state, the people and the EU will not allow that. They have GOT that religion is a personal matter and that democracy and the neccessary division of state and religion is needed.

So take your crap and shove it up your arse, some Muslim women choose to wear a hijab just like some christian wome choose to wear a cross, it doesn't mean shit, there are more Muslim women who choose to wear a hijab in the US, more mosques and yet no one even mentions that.

I'm for this, i fought for this, a free Kosovo that joins the EU is a step in the RIGHT direction.

BarneyFife

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: JohnOfSheffield
I was in Kosovo and the EU is sending some of the finest men i've ever known as to protect the minorities, that the UCK could ever again get a claim in this issue is just propaganda.

Besides, the UCK doesn't want a free Kosovo, they want a huge Albania that includes Kosovo.

It isn't possible for it to become a Muslim state, the people and the EU will not allow that. They have GOT that religion is a personal matter and that democracy and the neccessary division of state and religion is needed.

So take your crap and shove it up your arse, some Muslim women choose to wear a hijab just like some christian wome choose to wear a cross, it doesn't mean shit, there are more Muslim women who choose to wear a hijab in the US, more mosques and yet no one even mentions that.

I'm for this, i fought for this, a free Kosovo that joins the EU is a step in the RIGHT direction.

Why would anyone want a bigger Albania? That place is one giant shithole. To make matters worse, we have Saudi Arabia pouring money into that country and then we all know how left wing the EU is. They don't want to "offend" anyone. This is going to be one major headache for Europe in the future.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003

Why would anyone want a bigger Albania? That place is one giant shithole. To make matters worse, we have Saudi Arabia pouring money into that country and then we all know how left wing the EU is. They don't want to "offend" anyone. This is going to be one major headache for Europe in the future.

Agreed. The EU is showing us exactly how effective it is at combatting Islam in France and England.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

I mention it, though my words often fall on hostile or deaf ears. Yet while I support the persecution of Islam until the day it cuts its own cancer from its flesh, I also support the idea of a people's right to self determination.

The only conflict I have with such beliefs are with regards to Pakistan's nuclear weapons. Then again, I staunchly oppose nuclear proliferation, oppose a nuke for every crackpot, but that too falls on hostile and deaf ears.

Back to the point at hand, Russia, China, and US need to learn a lot about freedom. This is Kosovo?s right. It is written by the blood of our forefathers and signed as our declaration and constitution. Should there be anything more sacred to us?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Originally posted by: Nebor
Agreed. The EU is showing us exactly how effective it is at combatting Islam in France and England.

Strange, though it may sound, it is Europe's right to commit suicide in the face of Islam. The only pertinent question is what are we going to do about the Muslims in our own nation within our own lands? Until we get that answer correct, we don't have a right to mention how others deal with them.

Bitching about how effective they are at combating it when WE are doing NOTHING is hypocrisy. It is sheer stupidity. It is also irrelevant to the topic at hand. I would much prefer a new topic focused on that, this one is regarding Kosovo.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Fern

And often it's these same people who scream about the US meddling inother countries affairs. Yet then turn around and complain when we don't.

Fern

True dat.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Originally posted by: Fern

Fern
Thats pretty much it right there.
Everyone hates us being the worlds police, except when they need the police. Then we're assholes because we cant solve their problems for them inside 6 months.

Socio

Golden Member
May 19, 2002
Here is more:

Kosovo Declares Independence From Serbia

Revelers fired guns in the air, waved red-and-black Albanian flags and set off fireworks in the skies over Kosovo Sunday after parliament proclaimed independence, defying Serbia and Russia which condemned the declaration of the world's newest nation.

A decade after a bloody separatist war with Serbian forces that claimed 10,000 lives, lawmakers pronounced the territory the Republic of Kosovo and pledged to make it a "democratic, multiethnic state." Its leaders looked for swift recognition from the U.S. and key European powers but also braced for a bitter showdown.

The European Union and NATO, mindful of the Balkans' turbulent past, appealed for restraint and warned that the international community would not tolerate violence.

They are secular Muslims and as long as they don't allow themselves to be swayed in to perverted Islam militancy and become a terrorist state or terrorist supporting state I think it is great they have their independence. If they do we just let Russia have their way with them and problem solved.

Sep 12, 2004

Mosques are appearing, mainly through Saudi funding. While Kosovo Muslims are secular, there are reports of women being paid 250 euros a month to wear the hijab. Moderate Albanians mutter of young men appearing in mosques with extremist views, but their power base is small.

US? Huh?

Try the UN. The much vaunted and ballyhooed "Rest of the World" was involved in trying to negotiate an arrangement to keep Kosovo and Serbia united and they failed, and failed miserably. Now its the fault of the US? Or we're supposed to do something about it?

The extent that some people in here will go to in order to blame every ill and issue in this world on the US is astounding.

BarneyFife

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: TastesLikeChicken

US? Huh?

Try the UN. The much vaunted and ballyhooed "Rest of the World" was involved in trying to negotiate an arrangement to keep Kosovo and Serbia united and they failed, and failed miserably. Now its the fault of the US? Or we're supposed to do something about it?

The extent that some people in here will go to in order to blame every ill and issue in this world on the US is astounding.

The US bombing of Serbia in 1999?? Does that ring a bell.

Sep 12, 2004

US? Huh?

The US bombing of Serbia in 1999?? Does that ring a bell.
No, it doesn't ring a bell. Try NATO bombing under the auspices of the UN.

postmortemIA

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2006

US? Huh?

It is fault of Us because US promised Albanians independent Kosovo, so they had no reason to make any agreement with Serbia. Serbia and some countries wanted more negotiations, but US claimed that it is time to give them independence.

It didn't start there, US via CIA helped train UCK to fight legal Serbian police and military forces in their own country during original conflict from 1996 to 1999.

Basically this was all pre-planned between 1996-1999.

NATO will stay there for decades...

DarkThinker

Platinum Member
Mar 17, 2007

Got to love the US allowing them to split from Serbia to form an independent state (likely Muslim state in the near future)<. Kosovo will be a new terrorist playground with special thanks to Saudi Arabia for the funding.

So you just figured it out and saw into the future?

Albanians have been known for a long time to be a very tolerant people, Kosovo's population is mostly ethnic Albanian (%90), I don't think there is any basis for any worry here due to some unconfirmed rumor of a news...

And you know what? If they choose to be extremists at one point, then that's their own business not yours, just saying...

Personally I believe it's better for them to split now rather than face a familiar destiny on the hands of "non-extremists"

That makes sense, I absolutely agree with you.

Wait a second I agree??

WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT THE FCK HAVE YOU DONE WITH JohnOfSheffield? :p

Socio

Golden Member
May 19, 2002
Originally posted by: DarkThinker

Got to love the US allowing them to split from Serbia to form an independent state (likely Muslim state in the near future)<<. Kosovo will be a new terrorist playground with special thanks to Saudi Arabia for the funding.

So you just figured it out and saw into the future?

Albanians have been known for a long time to be a very tolerant people, Kosovo's population is mostly ethnic Albanian (%90), I don't think there is any basis for any worry here due to some unconfirmed rumor of a news...

And you know what? If they choose to be extremists at one point, then that's their own business not yours, just saying...

Personally I believe it's better for them to split now rather than face a familiar destiny on the hands of "non-extremists"

That makes sense, I absolutely agree with you.

Wait a second I agree??

WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT THE FCK HAVE YOU DONE WITH JohnOfSheffield? :p

I do to but I think NATO should warm them flat out if down the road they become a terrorist state or terrorist supporting/harboring state, NATO will turn their back on them and let Russia and the Serbs have them.

Sep 12, 2004
Originally posted by: postmortemIA

US? Huh?

It is fault of Us because US promised Albanians independent Kosovo, so they had no reason to make any agreement with Serbia. Serbia and some countries wanted more negotiations, but US claimed that it is time to give them independence.

It didn't start there, US via CIA helped train UCK to fight legal Serbian police and military forces in their own country during original conflict from 1996 to 1999.

Basically this was all pre-planned between 1996-1999.

NATO will stay there for decades...
The EU backs Kosovo's independence just as the US does. Trying to place blame here solely on the US is ridiculous. And will Russia be right in blocking any attempt by the UN to officially recognize them as independent?

DarkThinker

Platinum Member
Mar 17, 2007
Originally posted by: Socio
I do to but I think NATO should warm them flat out if down the road they become a terrorist state or terrorist supporting/harboring state, NATO will turn their back on them and let Russia and the Serbs have them.

But that's not something that requires pre-conditions or agreements, it's as clear as the sun that NATO would in no way feel good / allow any pro-terrorist activities in the area, it's as clear as the sun. But as far as faith goes, they can worship mosquitoes for all the world should care...

postmortemIA

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2006
LOL "we'll break intl. law and give you (in)dependence but please don't turn terrorist"

Well, they already did in 2004:

The violence quickly spread to other parts of Kosovo, with Kosovo Serb communities and religious and cultural symbols attacked by crowds of Albanians. Some of these locations were ostensibly under the protection of KFOR at the time. During the riots and violence, eight Kosovo Serbians were killed.

The sites of violence included[citation needed]:

* Belo Polje - Serb returnees attacked
* Caglavica - Serb houses set on fire;
* Kosovo Polje - Serb houses and a hospital set on fire;
* Lipljan - gunfights between KFOR and Albanians, four Serbs killed, remaining Serbs took refugee in Orthodox Church which was attacked;
* Pec - rioting in which UN offices were attacked; one Albanian killed by UN police.
* Pri?tina - all remaining Serbs evacuated or forced out
* Gnjilane - all remaining Serbs evacuated or forced out
* Cernica, Serb village near Gnjilane - three Serbs wounded
* Svinjare, Serb village near Kosovska Mitrovica - burnt houses
* Obilic - Serb houses burnt, all Serbs chased out
* Vitina - Attack on church prevented by US Army KFOR troops, Orthodox priest injured, demonstrators threw rocks at US Army soldiers and set fire to many Serb homes
* Drajkovce, village near ?trpce - two Serbs killed
* Grabac - Serbian village, most Serbians evacuated by Italian peacekeepers to Osojane Serbian village, some parts of Grabac attacked.

In a statement on March 18, the Serbian Orthodox Church reported that a number of its churches and shrines in Kosovo had been damaged or destroyed by rioters. These included:

Prizren:

* Our Lady of Ljevi? Cathedral (Bogorodica Ljevi?ka), 12th century was burned down on March 17
* Church of Saint Salvation (Sveti Spas), 14th century
* St. Hieromartyr George's Cathedral (Sv. velikomucenika Ðorda), 1887 housing the 14th century icon of Mary and an 18th century iconostasis
* Monastery of Saint Archangels from the 14th century
* Church of St. George Runovic, 15th century with 16th century iconostasis gates
* Ra?ka-Prizren Archdiocese
* Building of the Sts. Cyrill and Methodius Orthodox Seminary, 1880, sacked

Pec:

* Church of St. John the Baptist (Svetog Jovana Pretece i Krstitelja) set on fire March 17 in Pecka Banja village
* Belo Polje village church of St. Nicholas, 19th century

Ðakovica: Church of Our Lord's Ascension (Uspenja Gospodnjeg), 19th century, torched along with the parochial residence on March 17. Reports of Albanians clearing the ruins of the Church of the Holy Trinity, destroyed in 1999
Uro?evac: Church of St. Tzar Uro?
Kosovo Polje:

* Saint Nicholas in Kosovo Polje town, 19th century
* Bresje village church of St. Catherine, 19th century

Gnjilane: Church of St. Nicholas, 1861
Pri?tina: Church of St. Nicholas, 19th century, damaged and sacked
Vucitrn: Church of St. Elijah, burned down
Southern Kosovska Mitrovica: Church of Saint Sava set afire in the morning of March 18, adjoining Orthodox cemetery desecrated
Srbica: Devic Monastery, nuns evacuated by Danish soldiers, monastery pillaged and torched
?timlje: Church of St. Archangel Michael set on fire on March 19
Orahovac: Bela Crkva and Brnjak village churches burnt
Vitina: Two destroyed churches, in town and in village of Donja Slapa?nica
Obilic: Church set afire

GrGr

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2003
Break international law?

You can't break that which has always been broken.

So if you murder someone it isn't murder if someone murdered before you did because they broke the law first... :roll:

Sep 12, 2004
Originally posted by: GrGr
Break international law?

So if you murder someone it isn't murder if someone murdered before you did because they broke the law first... :roll:
Murder? OMG! Well I guess your overtly emotional argument trumps the fact that countries adhere to international law when it's convenient and ignore it when it's not.

:roll:

GrGr

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2003
Originally posted by: GrGr
Break international law?

Murder? OMG! Well I guess your overtly emotional argument trumps the fact that countries adhere to international law when it's convenient and ignore it when it's not.

:roll:

No this is your faulty logic and projected emotionalism at work again. Unlike you I don't support law breaking on my behalf. Especially when it comes to war crimes which means murder, rape, torture of innocents in your name.