Know anything about the "west coast" of Mexico?

L

Lola

We have never been to the Mexican Riviera and wanted some info specifically about:
Cabo San Lucas
Mazatlan
Pt Vallarta

We are not really sure what to do at each port. There is a place called Stone Island near Mazatlan that we want to visit, but every other port... we are clueless about.

We will be on a cruise so we only have one day at each port. Any help is most greatly apperciated!

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
Well, I have limited info about these areas, afaik, I only have been to TJ's, my only advice is make sure you pack water, or take water from the ship. Whatever you do, don't take water from the area; there are really nice areas of Mexico, but that doesn't mean the water is. I'd play it safe for the most part. That's all I can frankly contribute.

sao123

Lifer
May 27, 2002
Originally posted by: LolaWiz
Topic Title: Know anything about the "west coast" of Mexico?
Topic Summary: Please post!
Created On: 12/24/2007 09:57 AM

Well uh... if you go there there will be sand... and uh...
The blue stuff that has waves in it is called the pacific ocean, if its warm enough you can swim in it and uh...

yeah, that about covers it.

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
Life is better on the Left Coast.

My coworker took a honeymoon to Cabo back in June. He said everything there is ABSURDLY expensive. Like, ridiculously, unreasonably expensive.

I have nothing else to add, sorry :p

Scouzer

Lifer
Jun 3, 2001
Originally posted by: GuideBot
Life is better on the Left Coast.

My coworker took a honeymoon to Cabo back in June. He said everything there is ABSURDLY expensive. Like, ridiculously, unreasonably expensive.

I have nothing else to add, sorry :p

I'm sure it's less expensive than European tourist traps.

tfcmasta97

Platinum Member
Feb 7, 2004
Originally posted by: LolaWiz
We have never been to the Mexican Riviera and wanted some info specifically about:
Cabo San Lucas
Mazatlan
Pt Vallarta

We are not really sure what to do at each port. There is a place called Stone Island near Mazatlan that we want to visit, but every other port... we are clueless about.

We will be on a cruise so we only have one day at each port. Any help is most greatly apperciated!

Cabo San Lucas has a lot of beaches that dive right off ie: you cant go more than like 10 ft out in, unless you go to the right areas... thats all i remember from my trip there.

LennyZ

Golden Member
Oct 24, 1999
In Cabo the cops will rob you if you are alone and drunk.
I drank the water there and nothing happened.
If you are injured the ambulance won't take you until you
hit the atm first,Don't know what happens if you are badly injured or unconcious.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: Scouzer
my girlfriend is in puerto vallarta right now. that's all i have to offer

Is she hooking up with Gopher, Isaac or Captain Stubing?