Know anyone who is addicted to online games?

Lager

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
My brother plays Warcraft III: FT non-stop. He is addicted to this game, plays this non-stop, it's amazing. Know anyone who is seriously addicted to online games? What makes this worse is that I bought the game for him. :(

Broohaha

Banned
Jan 4, 2001
how old is he?

get a stripper and make her enter his room naked and stay there for an hour.

Spike

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2001
how do you define addicted? I like to play online (mostly AA and BF1942) whenever I have the chance, but it is not a need. My wife might disagree with that though... :)

-spike

Lager

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
When you sometimes don't eat to play this game or have temper tantrum when you tell him to stop playing for a moment.

Kyle

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 1999
my brother is addicted to all MMORPG's...pays for them all and sucks at them all, but never stops playing.
And he NEVER gets above a mid lvl charecter in any game, and most of the time its just a bunch of new charecters.
how thats fun I dont know...

Conky

Lifer
May 9, 2001
I used to play Quake(1 thru 3, but lots of RA for Q2 and Q3), UT, and CS but I got sick of all the cheaters. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know when you are getting aimbotted over and over. I pretty much stopped online gaming for a while.

But, last week I got a "live" kit for my Xbox and am loving playing Ghost Recon against some friends and it seems to have a lot of cool people playing the game. I'm gonna have to get the Ghost Recon:Island Thunder expansion game for the xbox. This Xbox live stuff really is the future of online gaming. You can actually talk to the people you are playing and that tends to make people act cool.

I simply can't wait for Halo2 for the xbox live. Yeah, yeah, HL2 is gonna be cool but within a week there will be aimbots and other cheats that suck all the fun out. Halo2 is the holy grail of online gaming, my friends. :D

Maleficus

Diamond Member
May 2, 2001
Yes, me.

I used to be hopelessly addicted to one game, Subspace.

I played that game for 5 years straight 7 years off and on. 24/7 each and everyday. (not quite but you get the point)

I literally played the game for 48+ hours one time.

You asked me to help for 2 minutes with something and you wouldnt get my help for hours upon hours if i was on a role and i was really good at this game (i would hope so :p) so even when i was doing bad i wouldn't die for hours. They of course didnt need my help then.

I wouldn't go out with my family for anything they would leave i would stay.

I could go on and on forever about it but i won't :p

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I've been playing an BBS based, text RPG called MajorMUD for the last 8 years.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Can't say I know anyone but people on AT. I actually can't stand playing a game for more than a hour unless it is NCAA football.

abracadabra1

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 1999
I used to play Q2 and Q3 non-stop. I did the whole clan thing and was entirely dedicated to quake. RA was the only mod I played (though Q3 capture the flag was pretty damn cool). One day, however, I just stopped....and that's all I really have to say about that.

Dulanic

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2000
Originally posted by: shady06
one of my friends spends 3-4 hours/day on everquest

Thats not bad.... there are alot of people who do 8+ a day everyday easy.

CrazyPerson

Platinum Member
Jan 15, 2003
ghost recon....
got... to... stop....

what i did was i took my pc apart, unpluged everything... too out the video cards....
the fact that i was too lazy to put all back... that kinda killed my addiction...