knocked another 3C off my case temp

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
Hah, when i put in rounded cables, my case temp went down significantly, and i got it to go down another 3 degrees average by plugging my front fan on (oops, forgot to do that!) And my average CPU temp went down another degree, which i'm going to attribute to my missing fan as well

another odd thing is after plugging my fan in, the average voltage on my 5v rail is higher by .03 :Q

KGB1

Platinum Member
Dec 29, 2001
Well you of all people should know that rails and voltages do fluctuate, and a .5% change in the current is not really that significant :p However, having a fan to bring in air into the case is a good idea...(preferably a low rpm, 7 volt, 120mm fan)

The rounded cables do help out, and by the temperature readings you managed to get, you seem to have gotten the optimal temperature decrease.

Now all you need is a nice Zalman copper-finned heatsink and the low rpm/low noise, 7 volt 80MM fan blowing over it, you can dramatically reduce the noise of the system and STILL keep the current temperature :D
(also recommended the Zalman heatpipe for the videocard and you can sleep with the PC on :D )

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
Originally posted by: KGB
Well you of all people should know that rails and voltages do fluctuate, and a .5% change in the current is not really that significant :p However, having a fan to bring in air into the case is a good idea...(preferably a low rpm, 7 volt, 120mm fan)

The rounded cables do help out, and by the temperature readings you managed to get, you seem to have gotten the optimal temperature decrease.

Now all you need is a nice Zalman copper-finned heatsink and the low rpm/low noise, 7 volt 80MM fan blowing over it, you can dramatically reduce the noise of the system and STILL keep the current temperature :D
(also recommended the Zalman heatpipe for the videocard and you can sleep with the PC on :D )

:-D well, i've got two super bright blue LED fans, one on the side, and one that'll be going on the top soon, on top of that i've got the delta 38 screamer on my cpu :-D and yes, i do sleep with the pc on :D

and i've gone and unplugged 3 of my harddrives at this point, those all need to get turned back on, i'm expecting a hit to my rails from those too........though i've been running all of this for some time now with no problems.....just unplugged my HD's when i was installing the cables, and then the drive order got mixed up and i haven't bothered to switch the cable position yet, since i'm LAZY! :D

KGB1

Platinum Member
Dec 29, 2001
:disgust: Ugggh... sounds like your system is all over the place :p

I had a delta screamer once.. but it was overshadowed by the Quantum Fireball 30BG 5400rpm HDD I had :Q
Now I compute in style with a Seagate 'Cuda IV and watercooling with 2 Panaflo L1A's and a Zalman heatpipe on my GF4 ti4200 :D

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001

I had a delta screamer once.. but it was overshadowed by the Quantum Fireball 30BG 5400rpm HDD I had :Q
Now I compute in style with a Seagate 'Cuda IV and watercooling with 2 Panaflo L1A's and a Zalman heatpipe on my GF4 ti4200 :D

Yeah, it doesn't matter what i put in my PC at this point, the delta swallows it all up! i've found that the most powerful fan i have in my system is the one in front, it's a Nidec, it's quiet, but boy does it move some major air, i've already gone in and cut out all the grills and everything, so it can suck to its hearts content! :)

right now at idle i'm running 36 CPU and then 28 Case........

i'm going to be putting a 4th gen video card in my computer when it gets here, probably next week......the one i'm running now just has a SMALL heatsink......the new one is gonna have a fan(ATi 9600 pro) i don't think i'm going to get too extreme differences just from that though....

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001

i went to a few lan parties.......when i booted up everyone started looking around saying "what is that noise!?!??!?!?!" buahahaha they had to deal with me for 12 hours :D