knicks replace Chaney with Wilkens. Knicks are DEFINITE playoff contenders.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: TheAudit
Originally posted by: PlatinumGold
Originally posted by: TheAudit
Originally posted by: Sid59
Knicks are gonan win13 in a row.

well, they've made a good start of it, 4 in a row now.

And 3 in a row with Wilkens.

yup. i like this team. i think they have a pretty good starting five. Marbury is good enough to be considered a major star. Houston and Van Horn are Legitimate #2 options, Mutombo is a decent center (not great but decent), Kurt Thomas is a legitamite PF and they have decent talent off the bench for their #6 and #7 players. if they had started the season with this team, i'd say they were as good as the NJ Nets.

Personally, I wouldn't take it that far but their starting five is solid. I would say their weakness is their bench. They have Hardaway, Anderson and Norris coming out and a little dosage of Harrington. Would be nice to have another big man in there to spell Thomas when he gets in foul trouble who could also backup at center.

But none of that truly matters. At least the Knicks are interesting again, that's something that they have not been in a few seasons.

really?? i know doleac isn't great, but name 5 backup centers that are better.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Ranger X
Originally posted by: Sid59
Knicks are gonan win13 in a row.

well, they've made a good start of it, 4 in a row now.
Don't get too excited. They beat Orlando, Seattle, Chicago, and Toronto for heaven's sake. If they beat Pacers, Spurs, Lakers, and Kings then Wilkens will make a believer out of me. Otherwise, it's just another Toronto/Chicago after the trade start.

orlando is probably better than their record. :), seattle is decent, ya, toronto (w/o Vince) and chicago aren't that good.

but 4 wins is still 4 wins.

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
as good as Marbury will play, i think that Van Horn's consistent play could be NY's key to winning. marbury will always get his points and assists. Houston can put up 20 any night.

van horn is unique in that he's a SF who would easily get 10 rebounds on any given night and be a three point threat.

that said, Van Horn hasn't been known to be consistent, so it'll be interesting to see how he holds up.

i give NY a year before they are in the top 3 in the east. Indiana, New Jersery, and Detroit are tops in the east now and i don't see NY as being better than any of them. give NY a year to get used of each other and develop chemistry, and the might be up there. and who knows what Zeke has in store before the trade deadline!

in the end, i'm just glad to see some teams in the East finally starting to beef up and give the Westerns teams a run for their money.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
so far tho, altho it is really hard to tell so early, i'd have to give Isaiah THUMBS up for all he's done with the knicks so far. i think they are without question better than they were BEFORE Isaiah took over.

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
so far tho, altho it is really hard to tell so early, i'd have to give Isaiah THUMBS up for all he's done with the knicks so far. i think they are without question better than they were BEFORE Isaiah took over.

no doubt.

NYK fans finally have something to be excited over, again.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: iamme

no doubt.

did i catch up to you in post count or are you catching up to me?? ;)

Ranger X

Lifer
Mar 18, 2000

no doubt.

With a team salary that high, it's about time. With a weak Eastern Conference, they could rebound and maybe make the playoffs.

Speaking of Eastern Conference teams, anyone else think it's pathetic how Gilbert Arenas made a guarantee that they would make a playoff run? The year before, it was the Hawks. When will these idiots learn? :disgust:

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Barring injuries, Lenny Wilkens should take NY into the playoffs, in my opinion. Glad things are going "well" for him again.

As another poster alludes, the real tests for the Knicks will be against Detroit, Indiana and NJ plus Western Conference road trips.

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001

no doubt.

i think you caught up with me and then passed me :D

(add the post count of a certain LeeTJ, and you're well ahead of me ;))

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000

no doubt.

i think you caught up with me and then passed me :D

(add the post count of a certain LeeTJ, and you're well ahead of me ;))

who??

well, since i did register almost a full year before you. :)