Kneeling is bad. But dancing and miming like you're conducting an orchestra is ok

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Anyone catch that Melanie & Barron have the wrong hand over their heart? Must have the video image reversed.

Jan 25, 2011
Is there some part of winning the popular vote & losing the electoral college you don't understand?
Sorry did they change the 2020 election to a popular vote wins? Because if not I'm pretty sure "But he/she wont he popular vote" won't mean shit. They need to win those states back that put Trump over the edge. One idea would be actually setting foot in them. The other would be appealing to the voters they lost.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Sorry did they change the 2020 election to a popular vote wins? Because if not I'm pretty sure "But he/she wont he popular vote" won't mean shit. They need to win those states back that put Trump over the edge. One idea would be actually setting foot in them. The other would be appealing to the voters they lost.
Honestly, I'm getting to the point where I hardly care anymore. The Senate has normalized corruption, and a more creative executive will simply rig some upcoming elections to the point where it won't matter, because 'it's for the good of the country'. So, whatever, let the red states cry about how marginalized and victimized they are, while the blue states subsidize their idiocy, and we'll all burn the fucker down together.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
This is not something you should be proud of. You are basically saying that people prefer a clown over real politics, and you are right. The left talks policy, Trump makes funny faces and calls people names, and he wins. It is not because their policy is bad, it is because the publics prefer to be entertained than do the work of maintaining a democracy. We, as a nation, are playing the fiddle while Rome burns.

Yep. We have largely turned politics into a sporting event, where your "team" has to win regardless of the actual issues or policies at hand. It's a result of reality TV being shoved down our throats, having to constantly one-up everybody on social media, and needing to be entertained 24/7.

In short, we're fucked.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Which doesn't justify your comment that I quoted.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Not sure your "truth" is going to hold up to the facts. I hope you won't be disappointed again come 11/4/2020 given the 4 years of warnings.
Weren't you one of those people because Trump told you said kneeling during the anthem was disrespectful?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
We should add this to the Bill Mahar clip of all Trump speech slurring and run commercials claiming Trump is medically unfit

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Because most of us haven’t been turned into rabid fanbois. We don’t have the passion for pol worship that Donald has instilled in his base. We don’t *want* to worship our elected officials.

This is part of the reason why I think we’re headed for a loss in November.

Brandon's also ignoring the voting preferences by age group. Young people are more progressive than even the boomers.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Honestly, I'm getting to the point where I hardly care anymore. The Senate has normalized corruption, and a more creative executive will simply rig some upcoming elections to the point where it won't matter, because 'it's for the good of the country'. So, whatever, let the red states cry about how marginalized and victimized they are, while the blue states subsidize their idiocy, and we'll all burn the fucker down together.

That's how people like Trump and his zealots roll, just wear you down with bullshit. Take a break, exercise, get laid, circle back around after you've rejuvenated a little

HRC only lost by ~110k votes. Basically a small urban area, it could definitely swing back. Dem's just need to hammer on the fact that the only thing R's have done so far is a massive tax cut for the rich on the backs of the dying middle class, and keep pointing out how terrible R's are to anyone non white and christian.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
That's how people like Trump and his zealots roll, just wear you down with bullshit. Take a break, exercise, get laid, circle back around after you've rejuvenated a little

HRC only lost by ~110k votes. Basically a small urban area, it could definitely swing back. Dem's just need to hammer on the fact that the only thing R's have done so far is a massive tax cut for the rich on the backs of the dying middle class, and keep pointing out how terrible R's are to anyone non white and christian.
I thought it was <80K

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I posted this in another thread.

He has to be on something, seriously. Look at everyone else in the room, even malania is standing still and paying attention to the anthem.

Oh now I see the problem. Trump was jealous that everyone was paying attention to the anthem and not him. Ok that makes sense now.
That's the first thing I thought of. What? Everybodies not looking at me!!! Let me do my clown act, and get a few laughs.

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
Anyone catch that Melanie & Barron have the wrong hand over their heart? Must have the video image reversed.
Yup, shot in selfie mode by the person who is blurred out in the lower right of the video. Probably did it that way to be less obvious that they were filming the pres act like a five year old that's eaten too much sugar.

Nov 25, 2013
No, the people don't. He is universally unpopular, so there is no argument that you can make that "the people" want him. He has never been popular. He appeals to a thin minority of the worst example of humans anywhere. This is indisputable. This has nothing to do with the way a presidential election is determined, but the plain fact that you are claiming "what the people want," which profoundly rejects the only defensible truth with regards to Trump: the people plainly do not want this wise and beautiful woman anywhere near power.

He apparently appeals to roughly 40%+ of the general population. That is not "universally unpopular" or a "thin minority".