Klipsch 5.1's, they just got here :) w00t!!! THEY WORK!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

stev0

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
Unplug the system to allow the subwoofer to ?reset.? Also, test the speakers with another device (you can plug one audio cable into any headphone output jack of devices such as a portable CD player or mp3 player) to determine if the problem is with the subwoofer or the soundcard drivers. If problems persist, please contact technical support at promediatech@klipsch.com

right from their website... wonder how long they thing the sub should 'rest'....

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
Originally posted by: stev0
still nothing after sitting for... 30 min maybe? I was thinking maybe there is something wrong with my soundcard... i don't have anything else that has a front/rear/c-sub out on it... but if the center is working, the sub should be too... right?

wow... this isn't very cool... someone tell me there is something that i am doing wrong and that there really isn't something wrong with the sub.

Can you look at the serial number on the back and PM it to me, im curious... Theres been talk on the klipsch forums that certain batches had bad subs....

911paramedic

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
edit: The sub was working fine last night... left them on and went to bed... now i get up this morning and the sub isn't working... wtf is going on here??!!! there is no way that i could've blown the sub... there would atleast be some sort of noise out of it then... do they have some stupid power thing????!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Check fuses.

I leave mine on all the time. I try to turn them off at night but forget sometimes without any problems except power bills perhaps.

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001
fuses... in the sub? or at my house?

in the sub-- i dont think they're particualarly easy to get too though. although, i havent tried too before.

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001
...lol... yea sry, little pissed right now :-/

i can imagine. before i took anything apart-- i'd try to get ahold of thier support staff... i'd hate to see you open it up and then not be able to get her back together and then void the warranty.

911paramedic

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
Originally posted by: Rallispec
...lol... yea sry, little pissed right now :-/

i can imagine. before i took anything apart-- i'd try to get ahold of thier support staff... i'd hate to see you open it up and then not be able to get her back together and then void the warranty.

ditto.

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001
as far as i can tell... there is only one fuse and it isn't blown.

unplug them, unplug all the speakers, all the wires, and give the subwoofer a time out, let it sit for at least an hour. Then come back back and see what it does. If still not working-- then i dont know what to tell you.

stev0

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
anything good?

nope :( guess i'll be making a trip to fedex

sorry bro-- that sucks :(

yea.... I'm hoping they fix themselves... they say on their website that sometimes the subs just over heat and to let them sit for a while...

stev0 <- little his sub 'marinade' in the cool air of the basement ;)

stev0

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
well... about 2 hrs later.. and nothing, sub still dosen't work... yea this sucks... i guess i'm going to go and us my logitech z560's... that haven't stopped working since i've bought them :|

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Do you have it plugged into a Digital Out on your soundcard? Possibly the center/sub output got fuxored? Can you plug it into an analog out to check before you send them back? Just a thought.