BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Ultra Quiet
Originally posted by: BOBDN
An interesting read.

Midnight Ride of the Rabble

And very true.

"The real agenda of the new conservatives is nothing less than the destruction of democracy in the United States of America."

. . . and the idiocy continues.

I agree, the conservative agenda is idiocy. Glad to see you're finally coming to your senses UQ. :D

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
I'm so inspired, I'm going to take my $800 tax check I got today from the Government, and go give it to a poor underprivledged college graduate who is pissed he can't get a job!

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: etech
It's just a little more fear-mongering by the left.

Nothing to see here.

And you're posting more of the typical BS from the right.

Our rights are being eroded by people who consider themselves the only people fit to lead. They are selling out your rights to the highest bidder.

They have and will go to any lengths to maintain power.

If Bush was seriously in jeopardy of losing the 2004 race (unlikely since he's collecting hundreds of millions in bribes and "fixing" the voting machine issue) do you think he'd hesitate one second to allow another terrorist attack to strengthen his position?

I put nothing past these people. They are drunk with power and have an electorate which is sufficiently lobotomized to allow anything to happen and then follow like lemmings whenever the flag is waved.

If Paul Revere were alive today you people wouldn't even answer the door.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: alchemize
I'm so inspired, I'm going to take my $800 tax check I got today from the Government, and go give it to a poor underprivledged college graduate who is pissed he can't get a job!

I have no idea what the hell that has to do with the subject. But being wildly off topic has never stopped you before.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: alchemize

I have no idea what the hell that has to do with the subject. But being wildly off topic has never stopped you before.
Feudalism is about economics. So in order to fix that, I, being of financial well being, need to give my excess wealth to those in need. Right?

Here maybe you didn't even read the article:
"These corporate-embracing conservatives are not working for what's best for democracy, for America, or for the interests of "We, The People." They are explicitly interested in a singular goal: Profits and the power to maintain them. Under control, the desire for profit can be a useful thing, as 200 years of American free enterprise have shown."

That's me, a corporate embracing conservative. I'm working against America with my profits, so I need to redistribute my wealth to avoid social revolution right? It all starts with one man?

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
If Bush was seriously in jeopardy of losing the 2004 race (unlikely since he's collecting hundreds of millions in bribes and "fixing" the voting machine issue) do you think he'd hesitate one second to allow another terrorist attack to strengthen his position?

. . . and the idiocy continues.

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
Originally posted by: etech
It's just a little more fear-mongering by the left.

Nothing to see here.

And you're posting more of the typical BS from the right.

Our rights are being eroded by people who consider themselves the only people fit to lead. They are selling out your rights to the highest bidder.

They have and will go to any lengths to maintain power.

I put nothing past these people. They are drunk with power and have an electorate which is sufficiently lobotomized to allow anything to happen and then follow like lemmings whenever the flag is waved.

If Paul Revere were alive today you people wouldn't even answer the door.
I think you have just adequately described the entire population of Washington politicians, not just the Neocons. Our rights have been under constant erosion for as long as I can remember; they have always been sold out to corporate America; and I can't think of any politico that wouldn't go to almost any length to keep power and gain more. I don't put anything past any politician, especially when they are typically elected as the lesser of two evils.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
An interesting read.

Midnight Ride of the Rabble

And very true.
Let us hope this is prophetic:
The modern-day conservative movement began with Federalists Alexander Hamilton and John Adams, who argued that for a society to be stable it must have a governing elite, and this elite must be separate both in power and privilege from what Adams referred to as "the rabble." Their Federalist party imploded in the early 19th Century, in large part because of public revulsion over Federalist elitism, a symptom of which was Adams' signing the Alien and Sedition Acts. (If you've only read the Republican biographies of John Adams, you probably don't remember these laws, even though they were the biggest thing to have happened in Adams' entire four years in office, and the reason why the citizens of America voted him out of office, and voted Jefferson - who loudly and publicly opposed the Acts - in. They were a 1797 version of the Patriot Act and Patriot II, with startlingly similar language.)
Sadly, I'm afraid you may be right about a lobotomized electorate. Our electorate then knew too well the burden of tyranny.