• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

King's Bounty: Warriors of the North

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Worst units on the first island must be slingers...hit like a mouse and die like one too. The guys that throw axes don't do much either, considering their price.

Early game I've always liked bears, they hit quite hard and can take quite a bit of punishment.
Yeah, I've always been a fan of the bears in the KB games. They are a very reliable unit.

ahdaniels76

Nov 30, 2010
So I just made it to the second island after just a few dead units (slingers, berserkers) on the first island. I finally find a hut selling those mounted valkyries (or whatever they are from the training mission), but there are only 3... and I can field 7. I hate the limited supply... just like only being able to get 3 soothsayers on the first island (well, that's all you really need, but still).

So, since they are in supply, now I'm trying the lvl 4 viking guys with 240 hp - tough guys tend to be the easiest for me to manage. I'm debating using the alchemists (high lvl dwarfs) just because they are higher level, but want to scout the rest of this island and the next first.

So I found the first valkyrie and she's in my hero screen now. How do I use her ability, and do I want to? I spoke to her about it and I guess it only triggers if I lose troops. Do I need to speak with her before battles to have it "readied?"

Feneant2

Golden Member
May 26, 2004
Yes, you speak to the Valkyrie and there's an option for 'I want you to use...' and she does- it seems to increase the number of battles before you can reuse for each use.

Don't forget to 'donate' items to the valkyrie's too, it gains them levels and increases benefits (the game crashes if you click on donate for the same item more than once, you have to click elsewhere to close the window once donated).

For it being too easy I play the Skald (the paladin equivalent I guess)... the songs help in each battle. I played with the vikings, berserkers, axe throwers and mounted valkyrie types to start along with the slinger and I think that's why it got so easy. Once you get to the 5th island the game really changes and its become much more challenging. I actually don't really care for the turn in the story (seems like a cop-out to me) but at least I no longer see weak fights, they've gotten much harder.

PSA- I would suggest you ensure at least 150k gold prior to heading to the 5th island (after the boss mob), it gets costly over there!

ahdaniels76

Nov 30, 2010
Thanks for the tips!

I guess I need to read up on how the Valkyries work what with there being different ones, donating items, etc. I suppose the goal is to find one that works well with my strategy and save up good items to donate and regalia to equip. I guess they replace the wives of earlier games.

ASK THE COMMUNITY