Kingdom of Loathing players:

Shelly21

Diamond Member
May 28, 2002
Ok, we need more players from ATOT to join the Clan MeatandpotATOT.

Come join the fun, all new members can request a newbie snack pack from me, which includes some hell ramens, and some alcohols.

For a limited time, I'm authorized to give 200,000 meat as the starting fund.

The link to the game is in my sig.

Actaeon

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2000
I stopped playing a while back :(

It just got to be a stat-race war... I had completed everything I could do, it just wasted 1-2 hours of my day, everyday, just to keep up.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: fisher
i'm starting to lose interest. maybe i need to open a store or something.
trading items is the only thing that gives this game long term entertainment value in my opinion

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
I log in every few days to see if the final quest has been compiled/completed yet. When it does, I'll start playing again.

Stark

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2000

stores are fun. i'm completely breaking the rules of the game by having all four of my characters harvest and create items for sale in my store, then funneling the funds to my primary character. i feel like i'm in the pengiun mafia... breaking the law, breaking the law!!

but at least i didn't exploit the bugmeat (not that i ever heard about it until after the fact)

Shelly21

Diamond Member
May 28, 2002
Originally posted by: Stark

stores are fun. i'm completely breaking the rules of the game by having all four of my characters harvest and create items for sale in my store, then funneling the funds to my primary character. i feel like i'm in the pengiun mafia... breaking the law, breaking the law!!

but at least i didn't exploit the bugmeat (not that i ever heard about it until after the fact)

Nothing wrong with that in my opinion. Games are made to be fun, and if it is fun for you, who cares right?

I didn't exploit the bug, but I made a lot of meat from the hyper-inflation.

And recently, the game got a little bit more interesting with new food and drinks. Perhaps the pickle factory will open up again. Or maybe a new area for high level players.

Jan 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Shelly21
Originally posted by: Stark

Nothing wrong with that in my opinion. Games are made to be fun, and if it is fun for you, who cares right?

I didn't exploit the bug, but I made a lot of meat from the hyper-inflation.

And recently, the game got a little bit more interesting with new food and drinks. Perhaps the pickle factory will open up again. Or maybe a new area for high level players.

what exactly was the bugmeat?

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: HomeBrewerDude

some sort of exploit that hundreds of players used to get unlimited meat from. There is so much money in the economy now that anything of value is worth 20X what s was before this fiasco.

Jan 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Mwilding
Originally posted by: HomeBrewerDude

some sort of exploit that hundreds of players used to get unlimited meat from. There is so much money in the economy now that anything of value is worth 20X what s was before this fiasco.

except some items are worth much less... IE hell ramens and other food and drinks

Shelly21

Diamond Member
May 28, 2002
You know how meat vortex works right?

If you use it on youself, you loose money..... if you use it while you have no money, you get billions and billions of meat. some sort of interger overflow error I guess. the bug wasn't fixed a few days after. and of course, a few days before that, the duplication bug that lets you dupe any items didn't help the market at all.

At first everything was cheap, and then everything was expensive. people were just buying everything in the mall until there are nothing good left in the mall. (during this period, I was buying low and selling high until I hit 2 billion meat in just a few hours with "Roll in the hay" which just a day ago was only 10 meat each and selling as high as 99,999 meat)