Kind of a messed up story about my friend's family

Azndude51

Platinum Member
Sep 26, 2004
My friend, let's call him Joe, has a cousin in China, who I'll call Mike. Anyway, Mike is coming to America for college, he came early to live with Joe and his parents until next semester starts. When Mike got here, Joe's parents tell them both, "oh yeah, we didn't tell you, but you guys are actually twin brothers." Mike's "mom" (actually his aunt) couldn't have a child, so Joe's mom gave her one of her kids when she had fraternal twins. They didn't tell either of them until now.
Isn't it kind of messed up to find that out? especially for Mike, to have to hear it from his REAL mom who he thought was his aunt?

jacob0401

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2001
yea that's pretty messed up. it's not uncommon to have families split up like that or siblings raised separately, but the fact is not usually concealed.

akshatp

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Hey! I know a Joe and a Mike but they are completely different ages. What gives!

j/k.. Deeyam thats crazy!

axelfox

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
<Hypnotist from Office Space>Whoa, that's messed up.</Hypnotist from Office Space>

Azndude51

Platinum Member
Sep 26, 2004
Originally posted by: DaWhim
do they look alike?

Actually, they do. Well, they look like brothers :D They have similar body types and facial features.

Originally posted by: her209
"One child per couple" rule in effect...?

Perhaps, but my friend said that his aunt couldn't conceive. So maybe they did it for both reasons, to give his aunt a child and to abide by the one child rule.

jrenz

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Just make sure he doesn't choke on the sweet air of freedom when he gets off the plane.