Kid without supervision + plastic bag

mattgyver

Jan 11, 2002
I was driving yesterday in a rural area and noticed a kid (about 4 or 5) standing in front of his house with no one else around. Then I realized he was walking around with a clear plastic bag OVER HIS HEAD. My first thought was of course "Where the hell are this kid's parents?" I don't understand people. This is the most blatant lack of supervision I've ever witnessed. I fully expect to hear about this kid on the 6:00 news.

Lager

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
Originally posted by: mattgyver
I was driving yesterday in a rural area and noticed a kid (about 4 or 5) standing in front of his house with no one else around. Then I realized he was walking around with a clear plastic bag OVER HIS HEAD. My first thought was of course "Where the hell are this kid's parents?" I don't understand people. This is the most blatant lack of supervision I've ever witnessed. I fully expect to hear about this kid on the 6:00 news.

Why didn't you stop him?

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
yeah seriously you asspirate. why didnt you stop and at least get him to pull the bag off of his head? wouldnt you feel like a waste of life if you heard that he died and you could have saved him?

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
it's easy to yell at the guy for not getting out of the car...but sometimes it takes people by surprise or don't realize it until after the fact, almost like a state of shock.

-=bmacd=-

mattgyver

Jan 11, 2002
Originally posted by: bmacd
it's easy to yell at the guy for not getting out of the car...but sometimes it takes people by surprise or don't realize it until after the fact, almost like a state of shock.

-=bmacd=-

Plus I was doing about 65 and didn't really comprehend what I had seen until I had well passed.

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: bmacd

-=bmacd=-

Plus I was doing about 65 and didn't really comprehend what I had seen until I had well passed.

alright that is fair game, but still...i would have been worried about that kid as soon as i realized what i just saw. to be honest, im not sure i would have turned around, but i really hope i would.

mattgyver

Jan 11, 2002
If I had it to do over again, I probably would have reacted differently. I almost didn't think it was real--like "I didn't just see that. People aren't dumb enough to pay thier kids that little attention." I really doubt many people reading this would have acted much different.

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
If I had it to do over again, I probably would have reacted differently. I almost didn't think it was real--like "I didn't just see that. People aren't dumb enough to pay thier kids that little attention." I really doubt many people reading this would have acted much different.

yeah, after i read your reply, i agree with you now. it would have been tough, but i hope i would stop in that situation.

eakers

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
once my neighbour's kid was playing in a huge pile of leaves that was on the side of the road... like hiding in them.. if a car had pulled over he would have been crushed!

when i told him not to, he called me a bitch.

KIDS ARE STUPID.

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
It's okay. If you had stopped to intervene the ever-watchful parents would no doubt notice and you'd be going up on charges of attempted kidnapping.

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: eakers
once my neighbour's kid was playing in a huge pile of leaves that was on the side of the road... like hiding in them.. if a car had pulled over he would have been crushed!

KIDS ARE STUPID.

what you probably arent telling us is that you said "hey fvck face! get out of the leaves!"

j/k :D

mattgyver

Jan 11, 2002
I just realized all of this is based upon an assumption on my part--that he was unsupervised. The kid may have just gotten himself into this predicament, and moments after I passed, the ever-watchful mother could have come running to her child's aid. I should be more responsible about my posts and return to my usual lurking.

Heisenberg

Lifer
Dec 21, 2001
Originally posted by: EyeMWing
It's okay. If you had stopped to intervene the ever-watchful parents would no doubt notice and you'd be going up on charges of attempted kidnapping.
Sad but true.

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
I just realized all of this is based upon an assumption on my part--that he was unsupervised. The kid may have just gotten himself into this predicament, and moments after I passed, the ever-watchful mother could have come running to her child's aid. I should be more responsible about my posts and return to my usual lurking.

nah, this forum is only interesting when people speak up. you need to have a little more confidence in yourself bro!

JoeKing

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Leave the kid alone, he was probably getting a wicked buzz from the oxygen depravation to the brain.

mattgyver

Jan 11, 2002
Originally posted by: MrDudeMan

nah, this forum is only interesting when people speak up. you need to have a little more confidence in yourself bro!

I'm just tired and in a bad mood. I was mostly being sarcastic with that last comment.
I do a lot of driving with my job and see crazy stuff all the time. The past week or so I've averaged almost 400 miles a day. Hopefully things will get a little less crazy so I won't have to be all over the place and have a little more time to hang out here :)

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999

I'm just tired and in a bad mood. I was mostly being sarcastic with that last comment.
I do a lot of driving with my job and see crazy stuff all the time. The past week or so I've averaged almost 400 miles a day. Hopefully things will get a little less crazy so I won't have to be all over the place and have a little more time to hang out here :)
At 50MPH that's 8 hours of driving each day. :Q

mattgyver

Jan 11, 2002
Yesterday I drove for about 8 hours including 2 hours of commuting :(

Usually it's not nearly that much, but I've had to run a lot of "errands" lately. Errands usually seem to take about 100 miles. :)

Viperoni

Lifer
Jan 4, 2000
Originally posted by: Howard

At 50MPH that's 8 hours of driving each day. :Q

What's 50, I almost do that on 7 ;)

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
Originally posted by: eakers

KIDS ARE STUPID.

yeah, my kid is still surprised when she throws our puppy and it attacks her, im wondering how long itll take before she figures it out

ReiAyanami

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2002
so let me get this straight:

clear plastic bag OVER HIS HEAD
1) you're doing 65 mph when children are around... in a residential area? then its 25mph limit. rural i'd guess 40mph limit
2) you're completely *outraged* yet didn't bother to take the bag off his head
3) you zoom by perhaps 50% over the speed limit and manage to see a small child with a "clear" plastic bag, implying this thread is a parody

perhaps the kid was really oily

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: ReiAyanami
so let me get this straight:

clear plastic bag OVER HIS HEAD
1) you're doing 65 mph when children are around... in a residential area? then its 25mph limit. rural i'd guess 40mph limit
2) you're completely *outraged* yet didn't bother to take the bag off his head
3) you zoom by perhaps 50% over the speed limit and manage to see a small child with a "clear" plastic bag, implying this thread is a parody

perhaps the kid was really oily

perhaps you should STFU and go away. there are plenty of places that i know of with a 2 lane highway that goes through rural areas and has a speed limit of 50-55. would you have stopped and gone out of your way to do it? probably not because you are an asswipe. are you really this dense? are you so fvcking stupid that you cant look out your window at speeds over 30mph and manage to see what is going on? wow, just wow. you think this is a parody thread, but its really just that you are thicker than a lead block.

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
perhaps you should STFU and go away. there are plenty of places that i know of with a 2 lane highway that goes through rural areas and has a speed limit of 50-55. would you have stopped and gone out of your way to do it? probably not because you are an asswipe. are you really this dense? are you so fvcking stupid that you cant look out your window at speeds over 30mph and manage to see what is going on? wow, just wow. you think this is a parody thread, but its really just that you are thicker than a lead block.

Wow, did Mill steal your account? That sounds like one of his unprovoked profanity-laced rants.

Good job!