Kid Rock and Sean Penn: Americans

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Once in a while you kind of get this feeling that the divide is too great and the barriers are too high to overcome.

Then something happens and it hits all of us and you think, what is all the name calling for?

Accept and acknowledge that the differences are what make us great.

Kid Rock and Sean Penn, as different in their opinions as can be, agree that America is still where it's at.

Americans - a Public Service Film by Kid Rock & Sean Penn

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
It's a great message. Hope it's not too late...
I don't think it is ever too late. Even after wars, people need to reconcile their differences.

This is one of the most effective videos I have seen in a long time addressing that diversity is our strength, no matter how polarized we wind up being.

I particularly like that two such different guys got together to make this video and laid out their differences with no holds barred.

This is no kumbaya moment, it is a direct confrontation of intolerance by two guys that represent polar opposites.

I am admiring Kid Rock more and more. His work to build up Detroit, his support of the troops, he might be a partier but he is not living his life staring at his navel.

I really don't care for Sean Penn and his politics, but I think he puts himself on the line for what he believes. He is sort of like Jimmy Carter in that sense.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
The Bald Eagle doesn't fly with either a left-wing or a right-wing... it can fly only with both.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Once in a while you kind of get this feeling that the divide is too great and the barriers are too high to overcome.

Then something happens and it hits all of us and you think, what is all the name calling for?

Kid Rock and Sean Penn, as different in their opinions as can be, agree that America is still where it's at.

Gotta admit, when I saw this was a PJabber post I didn't think for an instant this could be anything but very partisan. Nice to be proven wrong. Props for posting this.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
Great video, so are they going to drop their support of those who pimp this divide? The R's and D's?

Also, the Prius purchase was pretty stupid considering the carbon footprint for the creation of his old vehicle was long "paid" for. He could have done an engine swap to a diesel to run bio diesel and turned his old clunker into a green machine. Oops sorry that's not legal in California lols, stupid regulations.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006

Awesome post, couldn't agree more.

The Bald Eagle doesn't fly with either a left-wing or a right-wing... it can fly only with both.

Awesome quote as well, sig worthy even.

Yreka

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2005
Pretty cool vid, although trading in that beautiful Impala for a Prius made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
I liked seeing Penn called a commie I have to admit but the video was very well done. I do think the motives of other people are thrown into the legitimate policy debates too often. Some of us simply have a different opinion on what policies those are.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
Great video, and thanks to the OP for linking it.

I know many conservatives IRL and I think many of them are great people. Differences in political opinion don't come up that often, and when they do, it's usually pretty respectful. Sometimes I think the internet has widened the political divide because it creates a forum for assholes to "be themselves" in the comfort of anonymity.

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Glad to see people here liking the vid. 500K hits on YouTube, so it is being passed around.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

yeah, but the bald eagle tends to scavenge off the forgotten remains left behind by some other predator.

true story.

The USA really needs a better mascot. ;)

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005

Great video, hammers the point home for sure.