Kickstarter: For all you Mega Man lovers - Mighty No.9

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
Megaman is one of my all time favorite franchises. I might back this. Interesting that they are making a PC version rather than console version though since there was only what 1 or 2 games that were ever ported to PC?

Makes me wonder, have many of the old time gamers (NES and earlier) moved on to mainly PC gaming rather than consoles? I know I personally am not that big of a fan of the PS3/360 era and not really looking forward to the next gen either...

AdamantC

Apr 19, 2011
The "Eleventh Hour Zerg" is starting to pour in. 24 hours left at it's at 3.15 million with 88k from PayPal.

festa_freak

Dec 2, 2011
I saw this kickstarter first when this thread was created. I almost got it but decided not to because $20 is a lot for a game I won't get for two years.

But, with this kind of money, they should be able to make a game like this very well and, why not. I love megaman and this game is going to be MEGA-AWESOME!!!

GL devs!

AdamantC

Apr 19, 2011
Annnnnd KS is closed and all the stretch goals have been reached with PayPal included!

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I decided to go in for the $60 all-digital tier. I considered the $80 one, which has the beta access, but I figured that I would squander all the new-ness on the beta.

Soundmanred

Lifer
Oct 26, 2006
LOL at the insanity in the backer (or Becker) forums. Man, people are INSANE.
Long story short, they hired a Community Manager who is a supposed disciple of Anita Sarkeesian and she made some sketches of the main character as a female. The forums went nuts thinking that the CM had any power or influence over the game whatsoever.
It had to be explained to the backers that she is just a go between from the backers to the development team with no influence at all.
I'm not sure that having a female protagonist would be a bad thing anyway. It would be even better to have a choice between a male or female character.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
I have never backed anything on KS but if this were still open I'd come close to it. That says something, at least. The idea is a good one. I hope they can do it right. I never got to play enough Mega Man.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
A few things were announced at PAX Prime earlier tonight:

1) Beta access has begun. People will get keys over the next 24 hours.
2) All Mighty No. 9 backers will get a free copy of Mighty Gunvolt for the 3DS.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Got my beta key today.

I'm still waiting for mine. Although, I might be one of the last people to get it since I originally signed up for the $60 tier, but I upgraded to the beta tier during that recent survey.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
I'm so insanely disappointed in what this has become.
:(

That's scary..how do you mess up a Megaman 'clone'?? What happened? Did they not leave well enough alone and make a bunch of fundamental changes that didn't need to be made?

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Even as a backer, I'm not really sure what the complaints are. o_O I mean... maybe you could complain that the game got delayed even more, but eh... oh well. At least we get Japanese voices after they received publisher funding!