KFC Hot Wings Super Bowl Special

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Gilby

May 12, 2001
If you believed that myth, then perhaps you'll also believe me when I tell you that they removed the word "gullible" from the dictionary.

Erm, they did. As of 1992 in all standard English Language Dictionaries, with the OED of course leading the way. Check, you'll see.

Sanjoelo

Apr 4, 2001
Perhaps they DID remove "gullible". I wonder if they'll add "erm"? Seems to be prevalent on the 'net these days...

Whether genetically engineered, "rat", or otherwise, doesn't anyone else think that KFC's overcoated, sugar-saturated wings suck?

Optical

Aug 27, 2001
Originally posted by: jbtech
Perhaps they DID remove "gullible". I wonder if they'll add "erm"? Seems to be prevalent on the 'net these days...

Whether genetically engineered, "rat", or otherwise, doesn't anyone else think that KFC's overcoated, sugar-saturated wings suck?

Yes, they do suck. I thought I was the only one find this disguisting. I like the hot wings w/o the sugar crap.

cheetoden

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
They could be if the wanted to be. Heck, they're owned by Pepsi.

Pepsico spun off all their restaurants a couple years ago into their own company, Tricon. symbol YUM

pannam1

Nov 13, 2000

Hey guys... I actually went out and bought these before the superbowl...

The verdict: DAMN, these are GOOD!

Much better than chicken nuggets! I didn't notice any problems with sugar... BTW, KFC has two types of wings: Hot wings and Honey BBQ... I had the hot wings... they were not that hot but I didnt care since I like to dip them my own hot sauce anyway...

I'm definitely going to get these more often.

mrmarc

Dec 16, 2002
our kfc in berkeley wasn't even open before the game. considering that we border oakland i'm thinking that people didn't want to show up for work and miss the game.

Dec 4, 2002
Originally posted by: TripleAAA
I heard they grow chickens from scratch in scientific laboratories...when I mean from scratch it's like you would walk in a see a clump of chicken breast growing in a petri-dish. (petry, petri...i can't spell but you get the point)

lol

Lash444

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2002
If you're really desperate, I guess this is an OK price (it looks regular price to me, but I don't get the wings too often so I can't say for certain) but if you really want a good deal, place an order at your local supermarket's deli / appy for a platter of wings. It's definitely a YMMV considering how close it is to Superbowl Sunday, but during the regular year, friends have been able to get 100 wing platters for about $20+tax if they called a day ahead. And personally, I think all of the supermarket deli prepared chicken tastes better than from fast food chicken, but that might be a given.

Happy wing eating!

Absolutely, at our local Krogers they have some of the best wings. I wouldn't eat the stuff at KFC. I can't say what the price of the wings are at Krogers right off hand, but man are they good.

RBC

Jul 27, 2001
Actually, the parent company of KFC is now called YUM! Brands (still YUM stock symbol). Tricon changed their name to YUM! 5/20/02 when their added Long John Silvers and A&W Restaurants to the original three brands of KFC, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut. They're also into some other stuff too like a Chinese mid-scale joint venture with Chef Martin Yan out in California call Yan-Can, a joint development agreement with Backyard Burger and they own a small chain called Pasta Bravo.