Key Parameters of Iran Nuclear Deal agreed upon

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-32166814
An outline agreement on the future shape of Iran's nuclear programme has been reached after marathon talks with six major powers in Switzerland.
The European Union and Iran announced the deal after eight days of negotiations in Lausanne.
EU foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini said Iran's "enrichment capacity and stockpile would be limited".
A comprehensive nuclear accord would be drafted by 30 June, she added.

There's no firm deal yet but it is far further than Prime Minister "Israeli version of Dick Cheney" and the #47Traitors in the Senate ever wanted it to go

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
What has been said so far sounds pretty promising.

If it turns out well, I'm sure the #47traitors will claim credit for it.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
The deal essentially boils down to this: trust but verify.

I'm actually surprised at how much iran compromised, I guess I started buying into the neocons and rights Iran boogeyman.

The question now is; what will congress do?

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008

Do you have to ask... there will be a concerted media push against this... I'd be surprised if on a certain cable news station that this item wasn't in the top 3 stories with a majority of the talking heads speaking against this initial agreement.

Dec 30, 2004
The deal essentially boils down to this: trust but verify.

I'm actually surprised at how much iran compromised, I guess I started buying into the neocons and rights Iran boogeyman.

that is all we ever wanted. You can do it, but unscheduled checks are the norm, because you are a country that runs around regularly spouting rhetoric about "wiping The Zionist Regime off the face of the map."

As a previous neocon I have nothing to complain about Iran if this goes through.

I wonder if they'll back out of this once they have the nuclear running.

Last edited:

touchstone

Feb 25, 2015
Benny isn't gonna be happy about this!

RvsNXmL.jpg

Dec 30, 2004
Do you have to ask... there will be a concerted media push against this... I'd be surprised if on a certain cable news station that this item wasn't in the top 3 stories with a majority of the talking heads speaking against this initial agreement.

CNN has always been in support of Iran. The only one you'll hear against this will be Fox News and WSJ.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
CNN has always been in support of Iran. The only one you'll hear against this will be Fox News and WSJ.

I think that's who he is referring to. However the rights M.O. when faced with inconvenient realities is to ignore those realities. It's why they latched on to the DOJ's finding of no civil rights violation of Michael brown in ferguson while completely ignoring the scathing report the DOJ released about the whole police department.

touchstone

Feb 25, 2015
"What do you think you are doing Mr. Obama!? I will not tolerate this!"
WysXdb0.jpg

"Is that a violin I hear?"
IG6y9qA.jpg

cabri

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2012
It will be interesting to see how Iran states/announces the details this vs the Western powers

Will the verbiage be the same?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
It will be interesting to see how Iran states/announces the details this vs the Western powers

Will the verbiage be the same?

Their message is simple; no more sanctions and Iran can continue using nuclear material for peaceful means.

cabri

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2012
According to the US, the outline deal includes the following conditions:
  • Iran will reduce its stored centrifuges by two-thirds and reduce its stockpile of low-enriched uranium
  • Iran's excess centrifuges and nuclear enrichment infrastructure will be placed in storage, monitored by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
  • All of Iran's nuclear facilities will be subject to regular IAEA inspections
  • Iran will redesign its heavy water reactor in Arak so that it cannot produce weapons-grade plutonium
  • US and EU sanctions related to Iran's nuclear programme will be lifted in phases, but can be brought back if Iran doesn't meet its obligations.

This is what the US states.

Let see what the Iranian position is.

Also, what are the additional conditions not being presented to the public and why?

And this is claimed to be an outline; the devil is in the details; which is why this has failed previously. We will have to see what happens in June/July.

I personally expect more delays at a minimum

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
According to the US, the outline deal includes the following conditions:
  • Iran will reduce its stored centrifuges by two-thirds and reduce its stockpile of low-enriched uranium
  • Iran's excess centrifuges and nuclear enrichment infrastructure will be placed in storage, monitored by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
  • All of Iran's nuclear facilities will be subject to regular IAEA inspections
  • Iran will redesign its heavy water reactor in Arak so that it cannot produce weapons-grade plutonium
  • US and EU sanctions related to Iran's nuclear programme will be lifted in phases, but can be brought back if Iran doesn't meet its obligations.

This is what the US states.

Let see what the Iranian position is.

Also, what are the additional conditions not being presented to the public and why?

And this is claimed to be an outline; the devil is in the details; which is why this has failed previously. We will have to see what happens in June/July.

I personally expect more delays at a minimum

I'm sure you will find the answer when you visit your bookmarks. Right wing idiots always, always, come up with something to explain away the truth. Hell! You just laid the ground work for your denial!

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
1st point of the deal. Muslim becomes the national religion of the usa.

2nd point. guns are removed from all southern states.

3rd part. All republicans are shipped to gayafication camps to undergo "therapy"

Then iran will not produce nukes.

Omar F1

Sep 29, 2009
It looks like an assuring agreement, but would I take their word for it? Not a chance, their ambitions in the region have grown up more than ever, and we don't know the end of it. Beside that their government was finally caught with it's lies in the region.

Last thing we need is more nuclear forces in the region, Israel alone have enough nukes to wipe the whole region.
Problem with military nuts, is they think they could wipe the other nation as last resort if they lose the war. Well, who exactly you're killing? Millions of innocent civilians? Nuclear sonof.......

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
It looks like an assuring agreement, but would I take their word for it? Not a chance, their ambitions in the region have grown up more than ever, and we don't know the end of it. Beside that their government was finally caught with it's lies in the region.

Last thing we need is more nuclear forces in the region, Israel alone have enough nukes to wipe the whole region.
Problem with military nuts, is they think they could wipe the other nation as last resort if they lose the war. Well, who exactly you're killing? Millions of innocent civilians? Nuclear sonof.......

Are you a Sunni Muslim?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
that is all we ever wanted. You can do it, but unscheduled checks are the norm, because you are a country that runs around regularly spouting rhetoric about "wiping The Zionist Regime off the face of the map."

As a previous neocon I have nothing to complain about Iran if this goes through.

I wonder if they'll back out of this once they have the nuclear running.

Nice bit of revisionist history. The Bush Admin demanded "no enrichment" from the start.

finglobes

Dec 13, 2010
Iran already accusing Obama of lying (which is like accusing him of breathing)

Iran Accuses U.S. of Lying About New Nuke Agreement

Says White House misleading Congress, American people with fact sheet

"LAUSANNE, Switzerland — Just hours after the announcement of what the United States characterized as a historic agreement with Iran over its nuclear program, the country’s leading negotiator lashed out at the Obama administration for lying about the details of a tentative framework. Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif accused the Obama administration of misleading the American people and Congress in a fact sheet it released following the culmination of negotiations with the Islamic Republic."

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/iran-accuses-u-s-of-lying-about-new-nuke-agreement/

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Iran already accusing Obama of lying (which is like accusing him of breathing)

Iran Accuses U.S. of Lying About New Nuke Agreement

Says White House misleading Congress, American people with fact sheet

"LAUSANNE, Switzerland — Just hours after the announcement of what the United States characterized as a historic agreement with Iran over its nuclear program, the country’s leading negotiator lashed out at the Obama administration for lying about the details of a tentative framework. Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif accused the Obama administration of misleading the American people and Congress in a fact sheet it released following the culmination of negotiations with the Islamic Republic."

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/iran-accuses-u-s-of-lying-about-new-nuke-agreement/

You need better sources.