Kevin Garnett wants to be a Phoenix Sun

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
Ha! Maybe in a trade for Marion.. but they'll never get Amare, too bad the Hawks got the 3rd pick or the Suns could've traded them their pick and Marion for him... *drool*

Apr 17, 2005
kg>>>>amare...suns should do it if they can. also, you have to consider that nash is getting older and he has maybe a year or 2 left at peak form. while amare is a great player, he's one-dimensional..kg could give that team a dominant inside defensive presence. but it likely wont happen...i'd like to see him in a lakers or bulls uniform.

i really want him and ai to play together :(

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
aww boo, garnett to the celtics would've at least made the celtics relevant once again.

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Inspector Jihad
kg>>>>amare...suns should do it if they can. also, you have to consider that nash is getting older and he has maybe a year or 2 left at peak form. while amare is a great player, he's one-dimensional..kg could give that team a dominant inside defensive presence. but it likely wont happen...i'd like to see him in a lakers or bulls uniform.

i really want him and ai to play together :(

I think the Lakers and Bulls have won enough, if there's a major flaw in the NBA its the fact that you only have a handful of teams trading places in the championship...boorrrinngg

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
kg>>>>amare...suns should do it if they can.

Amare is 25, KG is 31. The Suns would be stupid to make that deal. Right now KG is slightly better, but Amare has the chance to be a dominating big man for a long time to come. For the Suns to make that deal they'd be mortgaging the future for only a marginally better chance in the next two years. They need to add a new piece to the puzzle, not simply swap big men without there being a noticable upside.

Apr 17, 2005
Originally posted by: GagHalfrunt

Amare is 25, KG is 31. The Suns would be stupid to make that deal. Right now KG is slightly better, but Amare has the chance to be a dominating big man for a long time to come. For the Suns to make that deal they'd be mortgaging the future for only a marginally better chance in the next two years. They need to add a new piece to the puzzle, not simply swap big men without there being a noticable upside.

slightly better? kg is on a different level than amare...people have forgotten since the wolves are mired in mediocrity. and i'm saying that if they want to win now, they'll need kg cause they sure as hell arent getting past either the mavs or the spurs in the next couple of years with amare in the middle. consider that kg is a better rebounder, better passer, better defender, and has larger offensive skill set than amare. lately he's been relying too much on his turnarounds and fade aways but i think he would be more than willing to bang down low with phoenix. playing with nash he would be dominating.

does nj have any chance of getting him...there were some rumors floating around about the nets wanting to blow the team up and rebuild. kg+j-kidd would be awesome.

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

slightly better? kg is on a different level than amare...people have forgotten since the wolves are mired in mediocrity. and i'm saying that if they want to win now, they'll need kg cause they sure as hell arent getting past either the mavs or the spurs in the next couple of years with amare in the middle. consider that kg is a better rebounder, better passer, better defender, and has larger offensive skill set than amare. lately he's been relying too much on his turnarounds and fade aways but i think he would be more than willing to bang down low with phoenix. playing with nash he would be dominating.

does nj have any chance of getting him...there were some rumors floating around about the nets wanting to blow the team up and rebuild. kg+j-kidd would be awesome.

The only thing is, KG kind of has most of the power in this situation. If Minnesota doesn't trade him, he can become a free agent next year. If they don't trade him to a team that he wants to play for, he can become a free agent - which is going to make a lot of teams loathe to trade for him.

So they're in a situation where they're not going to get anywhere close to equal value for KG in a trade - think when McGrady was traded to Houston, Shaq was traded to Miami, etc. When players have opt outs, the trading team NEVER gets equal value. In an equal value situation Amare is worth KG straight up, maybe. No way does Minnesota get Amare, Kurt Thomas, Barbosa, and multiple picks, as has been bandied about (other places) . . . especially when KG holds all the power.

WT

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2000
In other news, Kobe to Da Bulls ...... no, seriously !! It will happen !!

ballmode

Lifer
Aug 17, 2005
What about KG for Jermaine Oneal straight up and maybe the pacers can dump tinsley and dunleavy for bibby

Bibby + KG?

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001

slightly better? kg is on a different level than amare....

On what planet? 2006-2007 stats

PPG Amare 25.3 KG 22.4
Rebounds Amare 12.1 KG 12.4
Blocks Amare 1.3 KG 1.7
FG % Amare .549 KG .476

Explain to me this "different level" because according to the stats and just about anyone that knows anything at all about basketball those are the same level. Anad Amare is SEVEN YEARS YOUNGER with seven less years of wear and tear on his body. You are BADLY underestimating Amare's abilities, he's an animal.

miniMUNCH

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000

PPG Amare 25.3 KG 22.4
Blocks Amare 1.3 KG 1.7
FG % Amare .549 KG .476

Explain to me this "different level" because according to the stats and just about anyone that knows anything at all about basketball those are the same level. Anad Amare is SEVEN YEARS YOUNGER with seven less years of wear and tear on his body. You are BADLY underestimating Amare's abilities, he's an animal.

PUULEASE... don't pull out stats. How many high caliber players are on the Sun's roster? How many on the Wolves? That explains the stats.

And...you posted Amare's post season stats. His reg. season stats are 20.4 pts and 9.6 reb's but an excellent FG percentage of 57.5% (lots of dunks and lay ups off pick and roll served up by Nash).

KG is a complete, all-around game changing force. KG's supporting cast makes Kobe's supporting cast look like the West all-star team.

All that said, I wouldn't trade Amare for KG either. But I would move Marion in a heartbeat.

miniMUNCH

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
Marion and one other caliber player, plus a draft pick to the Celtics.

The Celtics 5th pick, and some other players to the Wolves.

KG to the Suns.

Some guy on ESPN said that was what was most likely to happen.

Apr 17, 2005

PPG Amare 25.3 KG 22.4
Blocks Amare 1.3 KG 1.7
FG % Amare .549 KG .476

watch both play first and then get back to me. jeez, people pulling out stats to compare athletes is like comparing cars based on horsepower or processors based on clock speed. next thing you'll be telling me that duncan is also only slightly better than amare. :laugh: look amare is a good player, but he really does not compare with kg.

if you want good analysis of basketball check out charley rosens column on fox sports.

Apr 17, 2005
Originally posted by: miniMUNCH
Marion and one other caliber player, plus a draft pick to the Celtics.

The Celtics 5th pick, and some other players to the Wolves.

KG to the Suns.

Some guy on ESPN said that was what was most likely to happen.

wow, wolves get shafted on this...and i thought the sixers did bad with ai.

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
My take on this trade rumour.........

KG wants to go to a warm weather city. This leaves only Phoenix and LA in the running. Boston has already been ruled out by his agent, and Chicago is ruled out because it's not a warm weather city. KG and Mchale have a close relationship, Mchale isn't going to deal KG somewhere he doesn't want to go.

So, between LA and Phoenix who has the better trading chips. If Phoenix puts Amare on the table, then Minn. would be stupid not to do the trade. But WHY would Phoenix do that? Amare is young and hasn't even hit his prime and fits the Suns high-tempo offense much better. Makes no sense to deal Amare, and if I were a Suns fan I would raise hell at the idea of that trade. So who is left......Marion+Barbosa+picks. If I were Minn. this trade just isn't very attractive.

LA can put up Odom, Bynum, Kwame and filler. Odom is slightly better than Marion, Bynum offers them a young big with potential who could become the next great all-star, and Kwame is an expiring K. Lakers have a few draft picks as well to sweeten the deal. They could even throw in Farmar who is another young player with great potential. If Minn. is looking to rebuild, the Lakers have the most to offer.

Now, I think it's unlikely KG gets traded anywhere. Kobe has probably ruined any chance of the Lakers snagging a big-named contract. The irony of it all, Kobe demanding the Laker's FO do something and when they finally have the opportunity he ruins their chance by making a media circus of the organization. And I just don't see Phoenix doing this deal, it kills them in the future. All they really need is a bigman to guard Duncan, hell they had a shot at winning it all this year had Amare+Diaw been in that game. They don't need major changes.

miniMUNCH

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
The Wolves are almost in the worse state than the Lakers wrt to a trade... everyone knows they have to move KG this year or they get nothing... he's gone next year for sure.

And really, KG needs to move before the draft for the Wolves to max KG's value.

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
Originally posted by: miniMUNCH
The Wolves are almost in the worse state than the Lakers wrt to a trade... everyone knows they have to move KG this year or they get nothing... he's gone next year for sure.

And really, KG needs to move before the draft for the Wolves to max KG's value.

I agree, that's why I think LA has the most to offer.

Odom
Bynum
Kwame
Filler

OR

Marion
Barbosa
Filler

Apr 17, 2005
the wolves will be interested in bynum...he has potential. i think la makes more sense...it would make kobe a little happier too.

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: mpitts
KG is not going to the Suns unless Stoudemire is part of the deal.

Wanna bet?

Like I said, the Wolves need to move him, or risk losing him for nothing.

mpitts

Lifer
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by: XMan
Originally posted by: mpitts
KG is not going to the Suns unless Stoudemire is part of the deal.

Wanna bet?

Like I said, the Wolves need to move him, or risk losing him for nothing.

Sure. I'll bet. How much?

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I am from MN and cant say I blame him. Kevin McHale has run this franchise into the ground.

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
If there is one thing I will say about Garnett it is that he is a class act. He stuck it out in Minnesota through hell. He deserves better, the man deserves a ring.

Kobe could learn a thing or two from him.