Kerrys "plans"

SNC

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2001
Now that he doesn?t have to keep his ?plans? to himself, will Kerry try to implement them in the senate, or will he save them for 2008?
I think that that was part of the dems problem. There was a lot of talk about these plans that would save the country from certain destruction, but never any specifics.
I understand that he could not lay out the entire thing so that the Republicans couldn?t use, or steal them. What would stop him from trying to implement them now if they are so good? If he does nothing in that regard does that mean that he is being stubborn, or did he not really have a plan? If he spells them out the Republicans might be able to integrate them into current bills. Or is that sacrilege?

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I think Kerry's plans are posted on his Web site. He made plenty of references to where the plans are during the campaign, but failed to talk about his plan to the American people directly.

With that being said, I doubt the Republican party would even care to use any of the plans that were set aside by Mr. Kerry.

SNC

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2001
I am trying to be serious here. This is not a bitch about Kerry thread. I honestly would like to know what people think.

tallest1

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2001
Originally posted by: assemblage
Showing up for work would be a good start for John Kerry.

lol. hes somewhat have a point. All Kerry can do now is vote on bills that are similar to his plans but it'll be interesting if he votes at all :p

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
Originally posted by: tallest1
Originally posted by: assemblage
Showing up for work would be a good start for John Kerry.

lol. hes somewhat have a point. All Kerry can do now is vote on bills that are similar to his plans but it'll be interesting if he votes at all :p

That's exactly right. Kerry is in the senate. If he truly cared about his policies, he would be trying to gather support and push them through anyway. I guess we'll see who the man Kerry really is in the upcoming months.

Gravity

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2003
My guess is that his collegues will tire of his tripe soon and he'll be relegated to some committee on dustbunnies, which he also won't attend.

He prolly thinks he has a shot in '08, that's why he conceded gracefully vs. using laywers like algore did in the last election.

He will continue to be a loner, touting policies and bills that do nothing and mean nothing.

Part of me wanted to see him have a shot at the top job just to see what he would do with it. Then the other part of me beatch slaps me back in to reality and I chuckle and refill my coffee mug.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Gravity
My guess is that his collegues will tire of his tripe soon and he'll be relegated to some committee on dustbunnies, which he also won't attend.

He prolly thinks he has a shot in '08, that's why he conceded gracefully vs. using laywers like algore did in the last election.

He will continue to be a loner, touting policies and bills that do nothing and mean nothing.

Part of me wanted to see him have a shot at the top job just to see what he would do with it. Then the other part of me beatch slaps me back in to reality and I chuckle and refill my coffee mug.

Since the Reps have consolidated power, Goverment is of, by and for the Reps. Democrats and anyone else are irrelevant, as GWB likes to say. If the Dems could cure cancer, it wouldn't happen if the Reps couldn't make political hay out of it. Kerry will do nothing because Kerry CAN do nothing.

We are effectively a one party nation now, at least where power is concerned. Unless there is a Constitution amendment affecting how money is raised for political parties it's going to be a long time before this changes if at all.

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999
Originally posted by: SNC
Now that he doesn?t have to keep his ?plans? to himself, will Kerry try to implement them in the senate, or will he save them for 2008?
I think that that was part of the dems problem. There was a lot of talk about these plans that would save the country from certain destruction, but never any specifics.
I understand that he could not lay out the entire thing so that the Republicans couldn?t use, or steal them. What would stop him from trying to implement them now if they are so good? If he does nothing in that regard does that mean that he is being stubborn, or did he not really have a plan? If he spells them out the Republicans might be able to integrate them into current bills. Or is that sacrilege?
Well that was one of my major reasons for not supporting Kerry in the first place. He seems to have all these "magical" plans to fix the country, but you never heard anything about them when he was an influential Senator. You didn't see him proposing too much new legislation or working too hard to fix the country then, so why would I believe he'd do it as President? It's just more politics. If you read his website, his plans consist of absolutely nothing but general ideas of "making things better" without any specifics. Kerry was doomed from the start. He's a career politician, making pie-in-the-sky promises when it suits him to do so, nothing more.

Valvoline6

Oct 6, 2000
Kerry will go back to the Senate and vote for every liberal idea that comes along and against everything else. Then he will try to say he is reaching out to the other side of the isle and hide his Senate record. In other words he goes back to doing what he's always done. That's who he is.

slyedog

Jan 12, 2001
i think john edwards gave up his seat when he decided to run for President. but kerry didnot. guess he did not have much confidence in winning. well he was right this time.

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: slyedog
i think john edwards gave up his seat when he decided to run for President. but kerry didnot. guess he did not have much confidence in winning. well he was right this time.

IIRC, Edwards' seat was up for election this year. It's hard to campaign for re-election under the slogan "If I'm not elected VP, I'll..."

CSMR

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2004
Let's be easy on the fellow, and not punch him when he's down. I'm sure he's a fine chap personally.

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Mookow
IIRC, Edwards' seat was up for election this year. It's hard to campaign for re-election under the slogan "If I'm not elected VP, I'll..."
Its against the law to campaign for two seats I believe. Look at Bob Dole.

xyyz

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2000
Originally posted by: Gravity

actually pundits are saying that he is not a viable canidate for '08 because he'll be pushing 60. why that means anything, I really dunno.