Kernel 41 Issues

Shuzzam

Jun 3, 2014
Hello,

I have been having the lovely kernel 41 issue with my pc and have done everything i can think of to fix this but with no success. Ive reinstalled windows, ran memory tests, turned off overclock. Moved my ram sticks and gpu around to other slots. Overheating isnt an issue. Looked through multiple websites looking for suggestions and none of them helped either. Mostly happens when im playing high end games like Watch Dogs, Wolfenstein, just got Murdered Soul Suspect and that game causes it as well. I even noticed it strangely happens when i push the restart button on my PC case. I am at a loss and any help would be appreciated.

Moved from GH to Computer Help
-ViRGE

Last edited by a moderator:

Shuzzam

Jun 3, 2014
Intel 2600k
Cosair Vengeance 16gigs 4x4
Gigabyte Z68-MA-D2H-B3 LGA 1155
WD GREEN 2TB
Rosewill Bronze Series RBR1000-m 1000W Continuous@40C
Samsung 840 Pro series 256g SSD
Evga GTX 680 Classified 4G
Yamakasi 27 inch 2650x1440 Monitor

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
Need more detail on the problem Shuzzam. What exactly is the conputer doing?

Shuzzam

Jun 3, 2014
My computer when playing games, when im just on my desktop browsing what not its fine but when im playing games, starting to do it on wow past couple of days. The computer will instantly shut off in a blink of a eye and restart itself. Check event viewer and Error 41 is always there afterwards.

Shuzzam

Jun 3, 2014
To add some more info this has been going on for the past 3-4 weeks and just been getting progressively worse. Ive built this computer and has been running strong for about 2-2 1/2 years till this stupid crap started happening. I'm guessing this is more of a hardware issue i just cant pinpoint what it is either the Motherboard or the PSU which i dont think its the PSU but who knows at this point.

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
Thanks Shuzzam. If you know much about this eror, you know that it doesn't point to anything, just that the computer rebooted without a shutdown.

So the first thing to do would be to make sure nothing is overclocked.

If it is still occurring, the first suspect would be the power supply.

Shuzzam

Jun 3, 2014
Ive turned off my CPU overclock, I dont see why it would be the power supply ive done cpu benchmarks for hours and ud think if the psu was bad it wouldnt beable to handle it? ive done 3D mark as well and it does just fine at that too. I know its gotta be the PSU or MB tho.

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
Ive turned off my CPU overclock, I dont see why it would be the power supply ive done cpu benchmarks for hours and ud think if the psu was bad it wouldnt beable to handle it? ive done 3D mark as well and it does just fine at that too. I know its gotta be the PSU or MB tho.

I was just going to say also, since it's power related, don't forget to rule out the external things as well: try a different battery backup, surge protector, power cord, wall outlet.

Last edited:

Shuzzam

Jun 3, 2014
Only thing i got plugged in via USB is a thing for my wireless keyboard/mouse.. which i wish i didnt get but it was 20 bucks for both so lol

westom

Apr 25, 2009
Only thing i got plugged in via USB is a thing for my wireless keyboard/mouse..
A shorted USB port means a short is detected; USB port is powered off.

Maybe half of the 'checked' items are completely unrelated to your symptoms. Without numbers for six key wires from the power supply, then other perfectly good items can act defective. You have dismissed power problems using faulty logic. Your computer could be running for months with a defective supply. A defective supply can still boot and run a computer. Then cause strange, intermittent, and progressively worsening problems. Sound familiar?

Shuzzam

Jun 3, 2014
Yes course it does but couldnt that kind of issue happen to any electronic device? Basically stuck with replacing parts till its fixed arent i?

westom

Apr 25, 2009
Basically stuck with replacing parts till its fixed arent i?
As said in CSI, "Follow the evidence." Useful answers are provided immediately, without all that speculation, and with certainty. So that a defective part is replaced after being identified. That means numbers and one minute of labor that only you can provide.

Electronics are easily repaired IF 'how it works' is known or learned. If a power system (which is more than a PSU) is exonerated, only then can other procedures be introduced to identify other suspects. And demonstrate how to "follow the evidence".

Of course, if shotgunning (replacing good parts until something works), then why waste other's time by posting here? Post to learn how to 'work smarter; not harder'.

Shuzzam

Jun 3, 2014
As said in CSI, "Follow the evidence." Useful answers are provided immediately, without all that speculation, and with certainty. So that a defective part is replaced after being identified. That means numbers and one minute of labor that only you can provide.

Electronics are easily repaired IF 'how it works' is known or learned. If a power system (which is more than a PSU) is exonerated, only then can other procedures be introduced to identify other suspects. And demonstrate how to "follow the evidence".

Of course, if shotgunning (replacing good parts until something works), then why waste other's time by posting here? Post to learn how to 'work smarter; not harder'.

Trying to figure out if there's anything ive missed or could do more before replacing parts. I'm not trying to waste anybodies time.

westom

Apr 25, 2009
Trying to figure out if there's anything ive missed or could do more before replacing parts.
Your first indication of no good solution is actions or conclusions without numbers.

Noted earlier is a one minute of labor necessary to have definitive answers - conclusions not based in speculation. That means disconnecting nothing. Measuring six wire using a simple procedure. Then a next post exonerates or suspects the defective part. If that 'system' is exonerated, only then are you ready to move on to other suspects.

Posted previously, "That means numbers and one minute of labor that only you can provide."

You have two options. Either request directions to obtain useful replies. Or keep replacing good parts on speculation until the intermittent stops. The former means a problem is both identified and then eliminated the first time. And you learn how computers really work. Later means learning nothing. Only hoping it did not cure a symptom.

westom

Apr 25, 2009
... and i stress my amount of sarcasm in that statement.
How did you expect to have an answer when your help is starved of facts? Without numbers, then every part remains suspect. Two strategies were provided. You choose neither. So buy expensive replacement parts until something works. The most expensive solution since unwilling to learn from one minute of labor.

Speculations that denied ketchup79's 'potentially defective PSU' were bogus. Everything (even a PSU) remains suspect. Sarcasm means your strategy is to remain naive by making assistance impossible. So just keep buying replacement parts.