Kerbal Space Program - A completely free (for now) Spore-like rocket builder

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

slpnshot

Dec 1, 2011
1170 days in space orbiting the sun but my kerbals are back on the ground fine. how do i recover them?

If your kerbals are on the ground you can go to the radar observatory thing. There should be a recover button on the bottom left.

bguile

Nov 30, 2011
Sorry to necro this thread, but damn this game is fun! Been playing the demo, and finally got to the mun and got into a stable orbit. Made Jeb crash into it as I didnt have enough fuel after reaching it to do really anything else.

bguile

Nov 30, 2011
In case anyone is interested, .22 has been released for about a week now. It is the 'science' update. It includes a few new science related parts, as well some other minor parts. You can now go and do science with the new parts at the various planets and moons. In career mode you start out with very basic rocket parts and a new tech tree, which you use 'science' points gathered on various missions to unlock more parts of the tech tree and more parts for rockets.

It just the first pass, so a lot things don't really fit together yet. Science is not included in sandbox mode either.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Finally freakin bought it.

Already killed 1000 of them for free, thought it was the least I could do.

Last edited:

bguile

Nov 30, 2011
Apparently they aren't interested in random solar systems. I hope they eventually allow it:
Link

I see their point and agree with them regarding random systems. However I would like to see an additional solar system or two down the road at some point, sci fi or not. Even a few more planets in the Kerbal system would be great, which I think are going to come at some point. I know there was talk of a second gas giant.

They still have a ways to go for the base game before they can start thinking of additional content though.