Kentucky State House Special Election won by Democrat in district Trump won Easily

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
This. In fact thanks to Dump, it's entirely possible the GOP could be tainted and marginalized for a generation. Look how they are treating kids who have the nerve to speak up about mentally unstable people killing them with assault rifles. Want to talk about birth control legislation? Get out of my office or I'm calling the police.

I think republicans are once again going to get to learn what blow back means. Republicans have united the left, the middle, and some of the right against them, and all they had to do was get behind a sociopath who doesn't understand or respect basic human decency, let alone the Constitution.

You mean... Trump has been one of them all along? Just more in your face blatant than they'd dared?

Reactions: darkswordsman17

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
You mean... Trump has been one of them all along? Just more in your face blatant than they'd dared?

Republicans give Chuck Schumer political donations? Back before anyone really cared he was also pro-choice. Regardless, as of a little more than a year ago he's taken being bad as president to 11. Old school reds at least had manners in public.

FWIW there's a few republicans I don't consider as bad as the likes of McConnell, Ryan, Grassley, etc. As a party, yeah it can go straight to hell. Sorry Susan.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
I for one know that the republicans have 2018 in the bag.

Why most of their voters could stay home and they would still win, easily.

jnHWXN4.gif

He may be the most popular president among Republicans and is easily the least popular for Democrats. It would not be surprise me to see a Blue wave in November but it also would not surprise me to NOT see a Blue wave. I believe it hangs on the economy which currently is red hot.

Trump’s job approval rating sits at 83 percent among Republicans in the Harvard CAPS/Harris poll but it dips to 40 percent among independents and only 17 percent among Democrats. Fifty percent of men surveyed said they approve of the job Trump is doing but only 41 percent of women approve.

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...job-approval-gains-as-voters-warm-to-tax-bill

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Republicans give Chuck Schumer political donations? Back before anyone really cared he was also pro-choice. Regardless, as of a little more than a year ago he's taken being bad as president to 11. Old school reds at least had manners in public.

FWIW there's a few republicans I don't consider as bad as the likes of McConnell, Ryan, Grassley, etc. As a party, yeah it can go straight to hell. Sorry Susan.

That's just NYC politics. Trump always has been an elitist pig. He found his soul mates in the GOP. How anybody ever believed he'd be an honest champion of the little guy is beyond my comprehension.

Mar 11, 2004
That's just NYC politics. Trump always has been an elitist pig. He found his soul mates in the GOP. How anybody ever believed he'd be an honest champion of the little guy is beyond my comprehension.

But he said he was. And by golly gee God they believe him. Nevermind he figuratively shits all over them in just about every way. They believe he's honest and its more about the intent than the words. Nevermind his intent is even worse than the words, but damnit those times don't count, as he's just being so honest that lets you know to believe him.

Mar 11, 2004
He may be the most popular president among Republicans and is easily the least popular for Democrats. It would not be surprise me to see a Blue wave in November but it also would not surprise me to NOT see a Blue wave. I believe it hangs on the economy which currently is red hot.

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...job-approval-gains-as-voters-warm-to-tax-bill

We'll see how warm it is when they start slashing the shit out of medicare/medicaid, social security, education, and basically everything other than defense. I'm sure they're gonna try to hold off until after the mid-terms to actually implement that, but people have to know its coming. The fucking Republicans have been saying they're gonna try to do it for years, and they're going to have to be as open as when they tried to repeal the ACA, people will see it. That's why people need to hammer them on every single quote of theirs about doing that type of shit. And every time they try to squirm out of admitting it by saying "I believe that people should earn what they get", push the quotes (of which there's an abundance with these pricks), of them revealing their true characters, where its clear they are the ones completely out of touch with Americans.