Kentucky Man Tries To “Make America Great Again” By Attacking Liberals With A MACHETE

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013
For you. Again, please stop conflating your personal preferences with some kind of universal truth, because you're never going to win that argument.

Ideas contained within religions and cultures matter and they affect individual personality. Clinging to this ideal of equality is nice, but silly.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
His own words were: "Update: it's since been 4 months since I've dropped out of this college. The constant bullying and lack of friends drove me to an overdose, a trip to the hospital, and two trips to a mental hospital."

Leftist progressive nutjobs bullied him into a mental hospital even after they bullied him right out of skool.
Punish someone for a crime they didn't commit enough times, that person may just go commit the crime you've already accused him of.
Maybe you lot should think of that the way you do things around here. Hell, you guys have even tried doxxing and contacting my employer. How lucky for you that my mental health is more stable than average.

lol, right.

that's a fucking BOLD statement there, Maxi. I assume this comes with some actual proof? Or are you just learning some nonsense tactics from your Orange Idol?

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013
Except most Islamic terrorist are ripped up on all kinds of drugs

These Are the People Making Captagon, the Drug ISIS Fighters Take to Feel ‘Invincible’

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/12/men-making-captagon-the-drug-fueling-isis.html

Crazy how all these alt right attack threads turn into " But what about Islam threads"

Uh, sure, when they're on the battlefield. But back home, many of the Muslim terrorists are not mentally incapacitated aside from adhering to Islam or coming from an Islamic cultural background. Many have relatively successful romantic relationships and professional careers. For many of them, the violence is a means of cleansing past sins in a blaze of glory.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Quote an example of where I've bullied someone. That'll have to be more than a "snowflake" reference, direct or towards progressives as a whole.
That's about the only thing that you do here. Your entire MO is to accuse people of somehow being involved in or complicit with events which they had no involvement in based on guilt by association and your ridiculously broadbrushed identity politics.
And here we have an example of violence committed by someone that you self-identify with so of course he's a victim driven to madness by liberal bullies, it can't possibly be possibly be his fault!

Here's my advice, for what it's worth. Maybe, just maybe.. If you made some kind of minimal effort towards honest discussion here, people might start taking you seriously.

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013
That's about the only thing that you do here. Your entire MO is to accuse people of somehow being involved in or complicit with events which they had no involvement in based on guilt by association and your ridiculously broadbrushed identity politics.
And here we have an example of violence committed by someone that you self-identify with so of course he's a victim driven to madness by liberal bullies, it can't possibly be possibly be his fault!

Here's my advice, for what it's worth. Maybe, just maybe.. If you made some kind of minimal effort towards honest discussion here, people might start taking you seriously.

It is entirely his fault.

But, as the argument regarding criticizing Islam goes, the way that someone with those ideas is treated does play a role in him possibly becoming extremist later on. Which is to say that if what he says is true, he could have been treated better by the people at the school. Doesn't change who is responsible here. But still.

This is the same as the argument that you shouldn't flagrantly disrespect Islam because doing so has the potential to create more terrorism.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
nSO1FxL.png

This is the opposite of most populations, where the minority are the bad ones. An absolute majority of Muslims believe absolutely disgusting things.

Wow. Just wow. So I decided to actually fact check the claims this meme makes, and surprise surprise... this meme is highly misleading. In fact, either the person who made it is utterly stupid and cannot compile statistics or they chose to outright lie.

http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-overview/

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
It's this simple:

Had this man been Muslim and asked people their religion before attacking, he'd be universally declared a "terrorist."

But since he's a Trump supporter asking people what their politics are, he's considered mentally troubled by trump supporters.

The hypocrisy is plain for all to see.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Ideas contained within religions and cultures matter and they affect individual personality. Clinging to this ideal of equality is nice, but silly.

That doesn't make everyone a mindless automaton whose personality is dictated by their culture or religion. There are many interesting Muslims, just as there are interesting Indians and people of other cultures. Again, you literally can't ever win this argument, so I don't know why you're bothering to try...

Reactions: DarthKyrie

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013
That doesn't make everyone a mindless automaton whose personality is dictated by their culture or religion. There are many interesting Muslims, just as there are interesting Indians and people of other cultures. Again, you literally can't ever win this argument, so I don't know why you're bothering to try...

And you declaring victory doesn't quite work like that. Just because you declare victory doesn't make it victory.

Have you ever listened to Muslim music? It definitely puts you in a different state of mind than Indian music, or Christian music. Sure, there exists individual choice, but culture creates channels which shape individual choice down certain paths, to the point that individual choice isn't really so much. have you ever met a Muslim zionist? Didn't think so.

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013
It's this simple:

Had this man been Muslim and asked people their religion before attacking, he'd be universally declared a "terrorist."

But since he's a Trump supporter asking people what their politics are, he's considered mentally troubled by trump supporters.

Yeah, he would have been a terrorist.

Kind of reminds me of this guy.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...hio-state-university-car-knife-attack-n689076

Now of course there's no evidence that the Muslim guy here used opiates or was of diseased mind like the Trump slasher guy was.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013
I would say a terrorist is by default, of a diseased mind. But then, of course, when it's "them" they're evil. When it's "us" they're sick.

Still smelling the hypocrisy...

Sure, harp on it all you want. You apparently are unaware of how opiates can screw up someone's head. Have you ever spent any time talking to an opioid addict? They definitely are of diseased mind. I've also spent substantial time interacting with Muslims. They aren't diseased of mind, but they come from inherently different frames of reference and values.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
And you declaring victory doesn't quite work like that. Just because you declare victory doesn't make it victory.

Have you ever listened to Muslim music? It definitely puts you in a different state of mind than Indian music, or Christian music. Sure, there exists individual choice, but culture creates channels which shape individual choice down certain paths, to the point that individual choice isn't really so much. have you ever met a Muslim zionist? Didn't think so.

It's called simple math and logic.

For this to be true, 1.7 billion people would have to be so in lock step that every aspect of their psyche is dictated by their faith. That's literally impossible. Only some Muslims even listen to the music on a regular basis, let alone respond the way you assume they do; some are liberal, some are moderate, some are conservative; and within those groups, there are always going to be people who are more jovial and social than others.

And can you actually stop and think about the provability of you're trying to claim, please? You're arguing that most (if not all) Muslims are genuinely incapable of being interesting simply because of the religion they practice. You have no evidence whatsoever, it's impossible to quantify, and it's ridiculously easy to defeat -- all I need to do is present even a handful of interesting Muslims. Like, say, Dave Chappelle.

This isn't like other arguments, where there's some "it's just your opinion, man" wiggle room. You are objectively, absolutely wrong.

Azuma Hazuki

Golden Member
Jun 18, 2012
So Maxipad, how do you know it was leftist progressives?

And was that last sentence a threat, snowflake? Were you saying "If you dumdum meanieheads don't stop bullying me I'll cut you up?"

I'd love to see you try.

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013
It's called simple math and logic.

For this to be true, 1.7 billion people would have to be so in lock step that every aspect of their psyche is dictated by their faith. That's literally impossible. Only some Muslims even listen to the music on a regular basis, let alone respond the way you assume they do; some are liberal, some are moderate, some are conservative; and within those groups, there are always going to be people who are more jovial and social than others.

And can you actually stop and think about the provability of you're trying to claim, please? You're arguing that most (if not all) Muslims are genuinely incapable of being interesting simply because of the religion they practice. You have no evidence whatsoever, it's impossible to quantify, and it's ridiculously easy to defeat -- all I need to do is present even a handful of interesting Muslims. Like, say, Dave Chappelle.

This isn't like other arguments, where there's some "it's just your opinion, man" wiggle room. You are objectively, absolutely wrong.

I'm kind of tired of the "we will bury you" 1.7 billion argument. Just because Muslims were incredibly irresponsible in their birth rates, which by the way is related to their religious tenets which end up restricting family planning, then they are immune from any criticisms or even descriptions. That is such a silly argument. I'm sure that the next time someone demonizes Europeans as colonialists, you'll get up in arms about how the Poles never colonized anyone because there are millions of Europeans and they can't be stereotyped by post-colonialists.

The Chappelle example is...eh, African American adaptation of Islam is really more about finding something as extreme and far away from their immediate family's tradition as is possible. Drawing boundaries of course is hazy and subject to different interpretations. Sure, some people pick and choose what they emphasize. Now you have to wonder if Chappelle's success is due to the influence of Islam, or if it is because of how he draws on the African experience in America. I'd also count Reza Aslan as an interesting person, sure.

But, I've interacted with people who come from Muslim majority countries and are recent arrivals. I've interacted with Hindu recent arrivals. And you can guess which ones were more interesting.

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
Wow. Just wow. So I decided to actually fact check the claims this meme makes, and surprise surprise... this meme is highly misleading. In fact, either the person who made it is utterly stupid and cannot compile statistics or they chose to outright lie.

http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-overview/

Your state one thing and then link a site that absolutely destroys your argument.

If anything is misleading it's your post.

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013

FWIW, using LGBT as a sledgehammer against the Muslim world is simply wrong. Using LGBT against the Russian Orthodox world is also wrong.

Did you read the graph? You are trying to say that there is equivalence...read it closer. Southern-Eastern Europe is basically the Balkans where the Ottoman Empire and resistance to it shaped the culture to a great degree. Missing from the comparison is Western Europe, North America, South America, East Asia.

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
It's this simple:

Bullshit. The hypocrisy I see is mostly from the left on this, when it's a fact that Obama and other routinely downplayed acts of Islamic terror. The great irony: your ilk even uses the laungage of ACTUAL downplay by him and others as some sort of 'slam' as if the examples didn't come from leftists downplaying Islamic extremism.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...81bcbc-2ee3-11e5-8353-1215475949f4_story.html

One might forgive Obama’s caution if it was not for the fact that this is this is part of a long pattern of playing down acts of terror. This is the same president who called the 2009 Christmas Day bomber an “isolated extremist”; whose administration insisted that the Fort Hood, Tex., shooter (who killed U.S. troops while shouting “Allahu Akbar!” and was in direct contact with al-Qaeda leader Anwar al-Awlaki) had committed “workplace violence”; whose administration blamed the Benghazi, Libya, attacks on an “Internet video”; who dismissed the Islamic State as the “JV team”; and who declared that the attack by Islamic radicals on a kosher supermarket in Paris was a randomshooting.
Most of the 'lame excuse to avoid saying terrorist' terms actually come from Obama et al. "Lone wolf' workplace violence. motives are unclear, all that shit.

I recall last summer when there was an axe-weilding Islamic radical striking people on a train in Germany, the usual forum applogist dipshits were here crowing on with 100% made up sob stories of that being because the poor dear was picked on and bullied and blah blah blah.. and how dare anyone blame radical Islam. Despite every indicator for it.

Stop being so full of shit. Some extreme conservatives may circle the wagons and defend filth like this (although really I don't see many, just liberals lying as if it were common) but lefties absolutely circle the wagons and cover for islamic terrorists. All the fucking time.

Last edited:

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
lefties absolutely circle the wagons and cover for islamic terrorists. All the fucking time.

you are full of shit.

the left stands up for the vast majority of Muslims being no different than the vast majority Christians. the vast majority on either side doesn't support terrorism and you suggesting that one side does is offensive and complete bullshit.

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
you are full of shit.

the left stands up for the vast majority of Muslims being no different than the vast majority Christians. the vast majority on either side doesn't support terrorism and you suggesting that one side does is offensive and complete bullshit.
Notice you can't address what I ACTUALLY said. Just play the usual dumb games your ilk plays with these things.