Keith Olbermann on Ferraro

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: sirjonk
Originally posted by: waggy
Gee, after railing vehemently against Clinton for something an honorary member of her finance committee said in a local newspaper publicized by the Obama campaign, I wonder if KO will have anything to say about why Obama attended a racist's sermons for 20 years. Nah.

nope and to many are giving him a free pass on it (for the record i have been a Obama supporter).

When he wins the nom, I'll support him too. Doesn't stop my view that until Friday, the media have been under the podium everytime Obama got up to speak.

personally to me it does add more to think about. While i hate hilary and her dirty tactics i hate a hypricite even more.
he claims to be for change and transend race. yet someone who is important to him is a racist hate filled man.

BUT while i like McCain i don't feel he is a good choice as Presidant. it would be politics as norm..but think it woill be that way anyway.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Gee, after railing vehemently against Clinton for something an honorary member of her finance committee said in a local newspaper publicized by the Obama campaign, I wonder if KO will have anything to say about why Obama attended a racist's sermons for 20 years. Nah.

You didn't listen very closely. Olbermann railed against Ferarro for her statements and her failure to step back from them. He railed against Hillary for failing to step away from Ferarro and her statements and her allowing the matter to brew in the press for days, instead of responding immediately and decisively.

Contrast Obama's actions to Hillary's at every turn. Obama steps up and speaks while Hillary waffles and does the old Clinton shuffle. I was half expecting Hillary to say she "did not have sex with that woman." :shocked:

chowderhead

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 1999
Originally posted by: Harvey

You didn't listen very closely. Olbermann railed against Ferarro for her statements and her failure to step back from them. He railed against Hillary for failing to step away from Ferarro and her statements and her allowing the matter to brew in the press for days, instead of responding immediately and decisively.

Well, this person agreed with Ferraro so much so, he linked it to his website:

If he were white ... he would simply be one of nine freshmen senators, almost certainly without a multimillion-dollar book deal and a shred of celebrity. Or would he have been elected at all?

Senator Obama 06/25/2005

Why is it ok for him to say it but not her? The media should have asked the Obama why the outrage when his own website has him saying basically the same thing.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003

Contrast Obama's actions to Hillary's at every turn. Obama steps up and speaks while Hillary waffles and does the old Clinton shuffle. I was half expecting Hillary to say she "did not have sex with that woman." :shocked:

Yes, I agree. And moreover I believe Olbermann was speaking to the concern that this women minority thing vs black minority thing -type fight between the Dem candidates was damaging/dividing the Dem party and hurting it's chance to win the Presidency.

This flap over Obama's preacher is not an Obama vs Hillary thing at all. The only thing being damaged is Obama's candidacy. I don't see how the two things are in any way related, nor Olbermann need lecture Obama on it. If he did, it would mostly seem like he was trying to counsel Obama on how to defend his candidacy. Why would he do that?

Fern

cubeless

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2001
Originally posted by: chowderhead

Well, this person agreed with Ferraro so much so, he linked it to his website:

If he were white ... he would simply be one of nine freshmen senators, almost certainly without a multimillion-dollar book deal and a shred of celebrity. Or would he have been elected at all?

Senator Obama 06/25/2005

Why is it ok for him to say it but not her? The media should have asked the Obama why the outrage when his own website has him saying basically the same thing.

interesting reading... ol' barak has a history of not bothering to correct the clergy when they make bullshit statements, it seems...

"America has a new senator! Your people have been given a new insight," Rev. Wendell Anthony said, introducing Obama to the giant crowd with six head tables in a hall that stretched beyond the length of a football field. "We need this brother from the 'hood who made it good. We need the glow of his spirit."

Obama didn't bother correcting the pastor by pointing out that his upbringing in Hawaii, where his mother and father met, almost certainly would not qualify as the 'hood.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Lt 486
Keith Olbermann reminds me of Trotsky.
Ferraro reminds me of Ferrari. Good.

Go ahead, and show us you know jack shit about who Trotsky was or what he said or did. Then, show us how that relates to Kieth Olbermann. And while you're at it, aside from the spelling of her name, try explaining that other ridiculous analogy of Ferarro to a Ferrari.

We have a candidate for the stupidest post of the year. :thumbsdown:

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Originally posted by: chowderhead
umm, remember Gary Hart. He had the white, liberal upscale coalition and independents. Mondale beat him because he had the establishment Democrats, "downscale" Democrats. What is different is that Obama can combine the upscale liberals and independents with black voters. That is 50% of the Democratic party. Each now has around 50% of the Democratic coalition. If Obama was Edwards circa 2004 without the Southern roots, Clinton would probably have a lot more black supporters and Obama would pick up probably the Hart coalition and lost.

btw, either Mondale or Hart would have lost to Reagan that year.

It wasn't any sort of class war that doomed Gary Hart, it was his inability to keep his pants zipped up around young babes and then getting caught on camera lying about it. It wasn't a matter of Mondale beating Hart, it was Hart Did Not Finish.

Hart (without the scandal) vs. Reagen would have been a much more interesting race, however. Mondale was basically a bland campaigner, Ferraro was pure tokenism and recognized as such by nearly everyone at the time. Plus she brought her own corruption scandals (care of her husband's business dealings) to the campaign, as contrasted with Reagen, who brought GW Bush, who ran an extremely strong campaign running for the nomination against Reagan. Of all four, I personally would have preferred GW Bush, before he was corrupted by Reaganism.

Lt 486

Banned
Mar 17, 2008
Originally posted by: Lt 486
Keith Olbermann reminds me of Trotsky.
Ferraro reminds me of Ferrari. Good.

Go ahead, and show us you know jack shit about who Trotsky was or what he said or did. Then, show us how that relates to Kieth Olbermann. And while you're at it, aside from the spelling of her name, try explaining that other ridiculous analogy of Ferarro to a Ferrari.

We have a candidate for the stupidest post of the year. :thumbsdown:

Thanks you, sir! I hope everything is well with you and your family. All the best wishes!

Trotsky, like Keith, was very good at making round phrases and false anger.
Ferrari makes loud noise and very unreliable. Just like Ferraro.

Make the mercy kill to the country we had loved so much, vote republican!