Keith Olbermann on Ferraro

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
The thread has gotten off track.

If it stays off track (ie. not on the title subject or CLinton's handling of the situation), it will be locked.

Senior Anandtech Moderator
Common Courtesy

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Craig234
Originally posted by: grrl
Originally posted by: preslove
Originally posted by: M0RPH
I like Oberman but the guy seems to be fervently anti-Clinton.

Anyone with half a brain is fervently anti-Clinton by now.

QFT. Considering how close Obama and Clinton are on most issues, you have to ask how a veritable nobody has been able to put Clinton into second place in a primary race. Sexism is convenient - and unconvincing - excuse because it really has to do with personality and personal history. Has Clinton ever shown herself to NOT be shrill, arrogant and paranoid? Has her husband ever shown himself to be honest, sincere or humble? Do we really want the Clinton soap opera back in the White House?

Obama comes across to me as equally or more arrogant than Hillary; I rarely see her paranoid (e.g., the 'vast right-wing conspiracy she spoke of was quite real).

Your larger point is well taken, that Obama has some quality allowing him to come out of nowhere to surpass her, a charisma to many people.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

*catches breath*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005

No. You are defending. It is not hard to fire you finance director for making racist comments and then going on cable news shows to say more racist bullshit.

She was not her "finance director", she was part of her finance committe of which there are many many people. These are just people that sometimes help her with fund-raising.

How's the Kool-aid this morning? :roll:

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Originally posted by: superstition
I think the 3 AM phone call ad is shameful. The Democrats are supposed to be above Republican fear-mongering. Obviously she proves that isn't necessarily true.
The perfect Obama response would have been a 3AM ad where a female voice picks up the phone and then says "Bill, it's for you"

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Keith Olbermann lays the smack down.

He pretty much rips the shit out of Clinton and Ferraro. Of course, all the Clinton cultists are probably just going say that Olberman is an Obama fan & that Ferraro isn't an insane racist bitch, :roll:

I don't think I've ever seen anything like that. It was about 15 minutes of comment directed (mostly) to Hillary.

I think it's an indication of concern about damage to the Dem party by (perceived or real) dirty campaign tactics on behalf of Dems in the MSM. Their fear that the Dem party is gonna blow a great chance to retake the Presidency, and damage the party. The black vs Female fight is problematic and deply concerning because of the potential long term damage. Add to that concerns about re-do of the disasterous '68 convention.

Fern

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999

Exactly! :thumbsup:

And all those half-brains are fervently posting in this thread, saying things like she rivals Nixon for dirty tricks, which is an embarrassingly stupid statement to anyone with a full brain.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The thing that galls me about Ferraro's remark is that it's a God Damned lie. If Obama were all white Clinton would long ago have been out of the race.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: BoberFett
Originally posted by: Craig234
Originally posted by: grrl

QFT. Considering how close Obama and Clinton are on most issues, you have to ask how a veritable nobody has been able to put Clinton into second place in a primary race. Sexism is convenient - and unconvincing - excuse because it really has to do with personality and personal history. Has Clinton ever shown herself to NOT be shrill, arrogant and paranoid? Has her husband ever shown himself to be honest, sincere or humble? Do we really want the Clinton soap opera back in the White House?

Obama comes across to me as equally or more arrogant than Hillary; I rarely see her paranoid (e.g., the 'vast right-wing conspiracy she spoke of was quite real).

Your larger point is well taken, that Obama has some quality allowing him to come out of nowhere to surpass her, a charisma to many people.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

*catches breath*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

As much as ignorance is bliss, maybe you should read a book sometime and stop posting false info. Here is one, here is another, and here is another, and

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
Originally posted by: loki8481
I think the 3 AM phone call ad is shameful. The Democrats are supposed to be above Republican fear-mongering. Obviously she proves that isn't necessarily true.

I liked it :(

it kinda made me think and realize, you know what? I'd rather have McCain be the one picking up the phone. heh.

:thumbsup:

glutenberg

Golden Member
Sep 2, 2004
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
The perfect Obama response would have been a 3AM ad where a female voice picks up the phone and then says "Bill, it's for you"

That's probably best reserved for SNL skits than an actual ad, :).

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: loki8481
it kinda made me think and realize, you know what? I'd rather have McCain be the one picking up the phone. heh.

Which probably was the same thought a lot of others had, too -- and certainly not the message Billary was trying to convey -- Yet the ad was effective, showing that Sheeple are Sheeple.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
The important thing is this may have got 'Ol Keith up to 18th in the rankings...just a few more nutzoid rants and he may be able to make the top 15! :D

Chuck

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: chucky2
The important thing is this may have got 'Ol Keith up to 18th in the rankings...just a few more nutzoid rants and he may be able to make the top 15! :D

Chuck

Is that why there's a 2 behind your name?

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Originally posted by: chucky2

Chuck

Is that why there's a 2 behind your name?

No...back '99 there were a lot of board problems and the last time it had happened, the names had gotten dumped so folks had to re-register (I see you're a '99 registrar also, so if you were around before then, you'll remember this). I used to be just Chuck or Chucky, but someone registered when the board came back up before I did, so I just did chucky2.

I wish I had a second spot rating prime time TV show...I could retire young and open up an honest PC shop...guess I'll have to keep slogging toward that goal the hard way though... :)

Chuck

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
Originally posted by: glutenberg

That would contradict their Hilly endorsement.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
The thing that galls me about Ferraro's remark is that it's a God Damned lie. If Obama were all white Clinton would long ago have been out of the race.

:laugh:

Quite possibly so.

glutenberg

Golden Member
Sep 2, 2004
Originally posted by: Throckmorton
Originally posted by: glutenberg

That would contradict their Hilly endorsement.

I'd say that the most recent skit mocking the 3 AM ad was not particularly supportive of Clinton. The first skit with the debates was much more pro-Hilary but even that one was more of a mockery of the press than the candidates.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
I liked Bill Maher's take on the ad; I don't remember his exact phrase, but it was to the effect that the only 3AM crisis calls Hillary had experience with involved telling Bill to wash his genitals and take a cab home.

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003
Originally posted by: gersson

I actually liked clinton. But since S. Carolina, she's really rubbed me the wrong way.

This is how alot of people, myself included, feel. I believe KO is in the same boat.

chowderhead

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 1999
Originally posted by: bamacre

:laugh:

Quite possibly so.

umm, remember Gary Hart. He had the white, liberal upscale coalition and independents. Mondale beat him because he had the establishment Democrats, "downscale" Democrats. What is different is that Obama can combine the upscale liberals and independents with black voters. That is 50% of the Democratic party. Each now has around 50% of the Democratic coalition. If Obama was Edwards circa 2004 without the Southern roots, Clinton would probably have a lot more black supporters and Obama would pick up probably the Hart coalition and lost.

btw, either Mondale or Hart would have lost to Reagan that year.

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002
Too bad she listened to KO today and apologized :( I'm hoping the damage is further done and she'll be down in flames shortly.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Gee, after railing vehemently against Clinton for something an honorary member of her finance committee said in a local newspaper publicized by the Obama campaign, I wonder if KO will have anything to say about why Obama attended a racist's sermons for 20 years. Nah.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: sirjonk
Gee, after railing vehemently against Clinton for something an honorary member of her finance committee said in a local newspaper publicized by the Obama campaign, I wonder if KO will have anything to say about why Obama attended a racist's sermons for 20 years. Nah.

nope and to many are giving him a free pass on it (for the record i have been a Obama supporter).

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: waggy
Originally posted by: sirjonk

nope and to many are giving him a free pass on it (for the record i have been a Obama supporter).

When he wins the nom, I'll support him too. Doesn't stop my view that until Friday, the media have been under the podium everytime Obama got up to speak.