Keep tooth or pull it??

• Thread starter Deleted member 4644
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4644

I have a molar that was damaged by pushing against a wisdom tooth. Now that I had the wisdom tooth pulled out, the molar has a spot on the root below the gum that is badly damaged.

The dentist said I can crown the tooth and try to keep it, but he thinks it will have to be pulled in a few years anyways.

What do you guys think I should do? Pull it now? or wait?

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
pull that sh1t out, not like anyone is gonna see it. dont you remember the pain you felt not too long ago?

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
I wish I could see the x-ray, but from the sounds of it you might as well get it extracted. Did the Dentist tell you that the upper 2nd molar may drift down if the lower one is removed?

Too bad you didn't have the wisdom tooth removed sooner.

potoba

Oct 17, 2006
Originally posted by: moshquerade
I wish I could see the x-ray, but from the sounds of it you might as well get it extracted. Did the Dentist tell you that the upper 2nd molar may drift down if the lower one is removed?

you can read xray?

Turin39789

Lifer
Nov 21, 2000
Originally posted by: potoba

you can read xray?

shes a dental assistant of some sort iirc

imported_Devine

Golden Member
Oct 10, 2006

you can read xray?

Cant you? :p But seriously OP, save the money and just get it pulled now if you trust the guy and think he knows what he's talking about

D

Deleted member 4644

you can read xray?

Heck, even I can read the x-ray. There is a big dark spot where a lot of root structure is damaged.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001

you can read xray?

Decay is easy to spot. It shows up as radiolucent on an x-ray.

potoba

Oct 17, 2006
Originally posted by: Devine

you can read xray?

Cant you? :p But seriously OP, save the money and just get it pulled now if you trust the guy and think he knows what he's talking about

Sorry, I only deal with CT/MRI

MrPickins

Diamond Member
May 24, 2003
IIRC if they pull the tooth without implanting a false one you might suffer bone loss. :thumbsdown:

mooglemania85

Diamond Member
May 3, 2007

you can read xray?

Decay is easy to spot. It shows up as radiolucent on an x-ray.

I love it when you talk sexy like that.