Keep Cuddling Up With Russians...

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
https://www.businessinsider.com/photos-show-russian-destroyer-dangerously-close-to-us-warship-2019-6

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/07/politics/us-russia-navy-near-collision-intl/index.html

Shocking photos show Russian destroyer playing a dangerous game of chicken with a US warship

5cfa489111e20516772ea313-960-480.jpg

A Russian destroyer challenged a US warship to an unusual showdown in the Pacific on Friday, forcing it to take sudden evasive action.
The destroyer, according to US 7th Fleet, engaged in "unsafe and unprofessional" behavior, sailing extremely close to the Ticonderoga-class cruiser USS Chancellorsville and risking a collision with the US vessel.
It came just a few days after a Russian fighter aggressively buzzed a US Navy aircraft over the Mediterranean Sea.

In spite of all this, there is a huge swath of our population cozying up to all things Russian... They are attacking our democracy at every level and one party is digging it so long as it makes a libtard cry...

In the end, Putin and Trump's little affair is going to cost real human lives... I don't fear brown people crossing my border or blowing up my churches any more... Now I have a healthy fear that when two narcissistic children start dick measuring contests we all lose...

Treason...

Last edited:

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Putin's way of fvcking with Trump's fragile ego in one way or another. I say this because Putin may need to help Trump to keep him in office as the useful idiot that he is, or punish Trump for not coming through with some unknown favor owed.

Either way, since Trump takes things so personal and reacts so predictably in order to, as he puts it "hit back" at his enemies, he is more than a useful tool to our foreign adversaries as he is also a very reliable one at that.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Next time just crash and send Russia the bill. Don't pay? More sanctions.

That or issue a statement now that any aggression like this will be considered an act of war.

None of these are options for the Russian puppet though.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Putin is Trump's abusive spouse making sure Trump knows his place in the relationship.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
It's a testosterone thing, not a Russian govt thing. Stuff like this happens when guys start thinking with the head of their dick rather than the head on their shoulders.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
Putin wins on this one because he knows that his bitch Trump won't dare say anything negative about him and therefore won't defend the US military.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Putin wins on this one because he knows that his bitch Trump won't dare say anything negative about him and therefore won't defend the US military.

It's too bad we have a Cuck in Chief Coward running the show who is thrilled that Russian troll farm workers are already busily trying to get their extra bottle of Vokda in their paycheck with the elections nearing. Expect even more that last cycle here...

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your...ussian-jet-buzzing-a-navy-patrol-plane-again/

The U.S. 6th Fleet has accused a Russian fighter jet of harassing a Navy patrol plane multiple times during a three-hour span Tuesday.
The incident occurred in international airspace over the Mediterranean Sea, with the Russian Sukhoi SU-35 fighter making three passes at a P-8A Poseidon patrol plane, according to a Navy statement issued Tuesday.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I don't see why this is treated as something new that Russia is doing. It is not.

Ever hear of a Crazy Ivan Maneuver? The Russians have been doing this shit since the cold war days.

Reactions: Sgt. York

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I don't see why this is treated as something new that Russia is doing. It is not.

Ever hear of a Crazy Ivan Maneuver? The Russians have been doing this shit since the cold war days.

aad.gif
I saw that movie too...

(yes, I know it was a real thing...)

Reactions: BUTCH1

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000

But does that apply to surface ships or just submerged submarines.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
The Democrats cozy up to any 2 bit totalitarian regime. Democrat's world view: Russia: not threat. China: not a threat. Iran: give them money and a sweet nuke deal. Venezuela: Leave that poor dictator alone because he is only trying to starve his population to death.

Reactions: Sgt. York

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Putin instructed Donald to fire Mueller and Donald could not get anyone to do it.
Trump didn't do his duty and thus Putin is pissed at Donald, to say the least.
I can imagine what Donald would say if Putin lobbed a nuke at one of our states. Donald would call it an accident.
"Putin said it wasn't his fault, and I believe him. Besides, who needs San Francisco? There all a bunch of loozers."

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
The Democrats cozy up to any 2 bit totalitarian regime. Democrat's world view: Russia: not threat. China: not a threat. Iran: give them money and a sweet nuke deal. Venezuela: Leave that poor dictator alone because he is only trying to starve his population to death.
Your brain clot is acting up again, maybe you should call your doctor.

maddie

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2010
Generally accepted rules of the sea.

CROSSING PATHS
  • Your vessel: You’re on a crossing course with another vessel that could result in a collision if neither boat changes course or speed.
  • The other vessel’s on the right: It’s the privileged or stand-on vessel and you must let it pass in front of you.
  • The other vessel is on the left: You’re the privileged or stand-on vessel and you must pass in front of the other vessel.

From the perspective of your ship. The ship on your port side (left side) has to give way. The ship on your starboard side (right side) has right of way.

Apply it and see what happens.

By the way, anyone remember how many collisions occurred in the Pacific fleet over the past few years. An Admiral even had to be fired as the inquiry found very poor training, etc, in his command.

"The move follows four Navy accidents in the Pacific since late January, including two collisions that left sailors dead and missing. "

Reminds me of this joke:

This is the transcript of a radio conversation of a US naval ship with Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in October, 1995. Radio conversation released by the Chief of Naval Operations 10-10-95.

Americans: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the North to avoid a collision.
Canadians: Recommend you divert YOUR course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.
Americans: This is the Captain of a US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course.
Canadians: No. I say again, you divert YOUR course.
Americans: This is the aircraft carrier USS Lincoln, the second largest ship in the United States' Atlantic fleet. We are accompanied by three destroyers, three cruisers and numerous support vessels. I demand that YOU change your course 15 degrees north, that's one five degrees north, or countermeasures will be undertaken to ensure the safety of this ship.
Canadians: This is a lighthouse. Your call

Last edited:

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Still waiting for our resident Russian troll farm workers who insist this happens all the time to list all the times this has happened in open waters recently, how many rimes American ships/planes were the aggressors, and how many times it happened in the past when our sitting POTUS was an installed Russian stooge...

Tick tock. Apples meet oranges....

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Like Trump you just outright lied and exaggerated you make your false point.