KEEN sandals

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Looking to pick up some sandals on summer-end clearance.
REI has a pile of KEENs on sale.
Any feedback from anyone that owns some? My kid actually has a pair, but its hard to get a solid opinion/survey from a 6yr old.

FeuerFrei

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2005
I bought a pair of KEEN sandals back in May or June. Never heard of the brand before, but they looked to be quality. I actually considered posting here for brand feedback myself. Apparently they are a British brand.

Ones I bought are basically these except they have "BISON" brown leather uppers instead of canvas. They were $80 at a local shoe store, way too much to spend on an unknown brand IMO, but I was desperate. They are definitely worth the $50 REI is asking.

I've been wearing them frequently this summer. They are comfortable, a perfect fit, and have a smooth leather(?) top sole (or insole, whatever it's called), that does limit odor. They are holding up just fine after a couple months of wear and a bit of creek-bed walking.

I give them a :thumbsup: based on my experience so far. They'd better be durable enough to justify the $80 I spent.

acegazda

Platinum Member
May 14, 2006
FYI, keen is one of the most respected brands in outdoor footwear. I have a pair of closed toe sandals that are awesome for walking in the woods, or anywear.
I got last year's model on clearance @ marshals. They were similar to these. I've actually worn them hiking before (they are slip ons) and they were quite comfortable. I wouldn't have paid full price for them, but if you can get a good deal, I'd get them. Their a solid investment.