Karl Rove on selection of VP

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TechAZ

Golden Member
Sep 8, 2007
Originally posted by: Rainsford
Originally posted by: TechAZ
Wait, is Rove a lying crook or is he correct in all his observations? Didn't realize we could take 2 positions at the same time here.

What kind of silly argument is that...why does he have to be one or the other? Even a broken clock is right at least twice a day, but the real notable thing here is that Rove made a strong statement about Obama doing something that McCain ended up doing, and Rove will now presumably weasel out of it.

In this case, that broken clock is right only when you say it is.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Rainsford
Wait, is Rove a lying crook or is he correct in all his observations? Didn't realize we could take 2 positions at the same time here.

What kind of silly argument is that...why does he have to be one or the other? Even a broken clock is right at least twice a day, but the real notable thing here is that Rove made a strong statement about Obama doing something that McCain ended up doing, and Rove will now presumably weasel out of it.

In this case, that broken clock is right only when you say it is.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here. Like most people, I think other people are right when I agree with them, and I think they're wrong when I don't agree with them. You suggested that the ONLY two choices were to never agree with anything Rove said or to agree with everything he's ever said, and I pointed out that agreeing with someone on ONE issue doesn't mean you agree with them on every issue. You might find that kind of thinking politically inconvenient, but that alone isn't an argument that it can't possibly be true.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
It will be interesting to see what he says about Palin based on these remarks.

He does a weekly column so I am sure we will hear what he thinks about both picks.

Meh, IMO Rove is playing in Dick Morris's sandbox and has little business in doing so.

Rove's talent is in his understanding of regional political differences, identifying issues therein etc. It's basically a bunch of memorized statistical info from polling, and it's application into political races (which he IS good at).

He should leave this type analysis up to Morris, who is far more prescient.

But will be interesting to see what Rove has devined about this from the inevitable polling.

Fern

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: winnar111
Originally posted by: miketheidiot
Originally posted by: winnar111
Originally posted by: HomerJS
Damn that was prophetic. Too bad he got the wrong candidate :D

So McCain picked someone just to get votes for the election. Doesn't sound like putting country first.

The Democratic superdelegates putting up a greenhorn like Obama certainly didn't put country first.

i still don't get how obama is a greenhorn. someone explain pls.

http://leewilsonsblog.blogspot...ma-himself-say-he.html

hey look a rival candidate in an election said something to make a political (not factual) point in order to make his own qualifications seem greater. Clearly, this must be sooth and we should ignore the fact that obama does have a reasonable about of experience in government.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Let's expand a little bit on what Rove said, apply it to Palin. Conceivably, she could be catapulted from mayor of Podunk Suburb, Alaska to president of the United States in less than 3 years, given McCain's age and history... I wouldn't wish that transition on my worst enemy...

Looks like the McCain camp will be avoiding all talk of experience, if they're smart, try to turn the election into a beauty contest... Plan B? We don't need no steenking Plan B!