K8L EE processor?

Talcite

Apr 18, 2006
Hey guys, I'm planning to build a super cool and quiet system. My question is will an EE K8L processor exist? I'm going to be assembling in aug2007.

Has AMD released any info about this?

When replying, please also include your source of information. Rumours always end up spreading one way or another.

Snakexor

Golden Member
Feb 23, 2005
not to be rude but i would start researching closer to your build time. it is a complete waste to spend time researching speculation.

StopSign

Dec 15, 2006
We're over 8 months away from Aug 2007. None of us can predict what kind of technologies will be on the market then.

8 months ago, Conroe didn't exist.

Talcite

Apr 18, 2006
hmm ic... yeah i guess you guys are right. Thanks. I'll just keep reading about the cases then. They don't change =P

Hard Ball

Jul 3, 2005
Originally posted by: Talcite
Hey guys, I'm planning to build a super cool and quiet system. My question is will an EE K8L processor exist? I'm going to be assembling in aug2007.

Has AMD released any info about this?

When replying, please also include your source of information. Rumours always end up spreading one way or another.

We know that there will be a version of K8L with 68W TDP, at least for the server lines. It will probably be available for consumer chips as well, due to AMD's recent emphasis on power efficient versions of AM2 chips. But by EE you mean as the 35W versions of the original Opteron, then I'm not sure that it would be possible.