JVC HR-S5900 S-VHS for ~$130 + tax (if applicable) after MSN and AMEX Blue BVG

DowntownII

Apr 6, 2001
This S-VHS has a lot of features including Jog/shuttle control and a flying erase head.

Go to Crutchfield.com and put this item in your cart. A full list of featres may be found here as well

Check out using the MSN passport button. Shipping is $9.95 bringing the total to $209.90 (+ tax if applicable) This should bump you into the $40 reward bracket.

Call AMEX and file a BVG claim to etronics.com The site is down right now but epinions has their price listed at $159.00. Several other merchants have this VCR at ~169 as well.

So:

$209.90 from crutchfield

- $40 from MSN
- $40 from AMEX

Total = 129.90 shipped!

wesbc

Jul 2, 2001
Isn't there a $25 coupon for crutchfield. It might be for new customer's only. Search your fav tech bargains dot com site. This would make this a very good deal indeed.

SimMike2

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2000
The $25 I saw a couple of weeks ago was for $250 purchases. So if it still exists, you will need to add something to your cart.

DowntownII

Apr 6, 2001
I didn't use it myself but I'm pretty sure the coupon still exists. It's a referral coupon for first time customers so if you have a friend who shops there you can both make out. If you need a friend, let me know ;)

Parrotheader

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 1999
If you're looking to replace an old VCR I personally think it's definitely worth it to upgrade to SVHS if you'd like to be able to record from a high quality source (like satellite, digital cable, DVD ;) ) without losing as much resolution like you do with regular old VHS. I picked up a good Phillips SVHS unit at Circuit City awhile back when they were closing out one of some of their models for only $99. So that's definitely another place to look.